Application size on screen shrinks to tiny upon "Restore"

I am having a problem with Windows XP. This appears on two different
PCs. One has service pack 1, the other has service pack 2.

The problem occurs when I restore an application that had previously
been minimized. The application appears on screen, but its size shrinks
to a size that is so tiny, that little more is visible besides the three
buttons that minimize, maximize, and exit.

What makes this a significant problem is that it is difficult to use my
mouse pointer to pull the application back into a reasonable size.
Apparently, when the application shrinks to such a small size, there is
a truly tiny target that I have to hit with my mouse pointer in order
to commence "dragging" the application into a larger size.

This problem occurs most frequently with web browsers. I also see it
happen occasionally with command windows.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there a work-around?
--
David Arnstein
arnstein+usenet@pobox.com

Hi there,

Try this patch:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/xp_taskbar_desktop_fixall.vbs

Usage: Download the file to your computer and double-click to install.
Norton anti-virus software might warn you of a "malicious" script, this is
normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. I recommend
you choose "Authorize entire script" option next Action.

--
HTH
Meena
"David Arnstein" <arnstein@panix.com> wrote in message
> I am having a problem with Windows XP. This appears on two different
> PCs. One has service pack 1, the other has service pack 2.
>
> The problem occurs when I restore an application that had previously
> been minimized. The application appears on screen, but its size shrinks
> to a size that is so tiny, that little more is visible besides the three
> buttons that minimize, maximize, and exit.
>
> What makes this a significant problem is that it is difficult to use my
> mouse pointer to pull the application back into a reasonable size.
> Apparently, when the application shrinks to such a small size, there is
> a truly tiny target that I have to hit with my mouse pointer in order
> to commence "dragging" the application into a larger size.
>
> This problem occurs most frequently with web browsers. I also see it
> happen occasionally with command windows.
>
> Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Is there a work-around?
> --
> David Arnstein
> arnstein+usenet@pobox.com

MJ

I'm sort of having the same problem. When I move my mouse up, the whole
screen goes up. When I move it down, the whole screen goes down. I don't know
what I hit to trigger this to happen. When you find a solution let me know.