Windows Explorer Locksup

On 2 of 5 workstations, XP Pro, Windows Explorer locks up so that the user
cannot browse the network (access network shares). On one wrkstation this
occurs at about 1630 daily and the other at about 1835 daily. This time is
the only time it occurs on each workstation once each day. The user must
log off and back on to access network shares. Internet Explorer continues
working during this time and the workstations can ping Win2003 server during
this time but can't access it. Other workstations have no problem accessing
the server during this time. Both have XP SP2.

Any ideas as to the problem?

I would guess it is checking for updates, on a schedule

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509