How do I turn OFF Pop-up box: ENTER NETWORK PASSWORD???

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
March 24, 2005 7:45:01 PM

It's driving me CRAZY. I'm not on a network altho I do have a hi-speed
connection. Have no other computers and no printers either. There is a box to
check to save the password but that does nothing - this box pops-up
continuously.

Can anyone help??

More about : turn pop box enter network password

March 25, 2005 2:54:53 AM

Go to IE/Tools/Internet Options/Connections/Never dial......

Added info:

Go to Start/Run and type in: services.msc
Scroll down to Protected Storage and verify that the service is started.

OLEXP: Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264672

Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q259416&

OL2000: (IMO) Save Password Setting Not Saved [Q235864]
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q235864

--
In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"beh" <beh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's driving me CRAZY. I'm not on a network altho I do have a hi-speed
> connection. Have no other computers and no printers either. There is a box
> check to save the password but that does nothing - this box pops-up
> continuously.
>
> Can anyone help??

Anonymous
June 13, 2005 7:45:02 PM

I have the same problem and I already had "Never dial a connection" marked
and "Protected Storage" is started on automatic.

Now what?

Thanks for your help.

Mike

"Kelly" wrote:

> Go to IE/Tools/Internet Options/Connections/Never dial......
>
> Added info:
>
> Go to Start/Run and type in: services.msc
> Scroll down to Protected Storage and verify that the service is started.
>
> OLEXP: Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264672
>
> Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q259416&
>
> OL2000: (IMO) Save Password Setting Not Saved [Q235864]
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q235864
>

> --
> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "beh" <beh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It's driving me CRAZY. I'm not on a network altho I do have a hi-speed
> > connection. Have no other computers and no printers either. There is a box
> > check to save the password but that does nothing - this box pops-up
> > continuously.
> >
> > Can anyone help??

June 13, 2005 10:12:07 PM

If you don't use the "Client for Microsoft Network" protocol, uncheck it by rightclicking the LAN icon in Network Connections
folder, Properties, hilight TCP/IP, and click Properties button, uncheck protocol.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"MPerdue" <MPerdue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2914E9D2-D2C0-4186-8A30-F94D94BA6AED@microsoft.com...
>I have the same problem and I already had "Never dial a connection" marked
> and "Protected Storage" is started on automatic.
>
> Now what?
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Mike
>
> "Kelly" wrote:
>
>> Go to IE/Tools/Internet Options/Connections/Never dial......
>>
>> Added info:
>>
>> Go to Start/Run and type in: services.msc
>> Scroll down to Protected Storage and verify that the service is started.
>>
>> OLEXP: Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q264672
>>
>> Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q259416&
>>
>> OL2000: (IMO) Save Password Setting Not Saved [Q235864]
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q235864
>>

>> --
>> In memory of our dear friend, MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>>

>> "beh" <beh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It's driving me CRAZY. I'm not on a network altho I do have a hi-speed
>> > connection. Have no other computers and no printers either. There is a box
>> > check to save the password but that does nothing - this box pops-up
>> > continuously.
>> >
>> > Can anyone help??

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 11:37:06 AM

I tried this too, it did not work. I also reset my computer to an earlier
date that worked for a few days, but this morning the pop up came back! What
is going on here?

!