problems with autoexec.nt....

firstly and most importantly, my computer is a new dell with windows XP

here is the proplem, i just bought half-life platinum collection(group of
half-life pc games) but half life would not install. When I attempted to
install the game, an error box came up and said the following:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "Close" to
terminate the application.

anyway even if i clicked ignore, the installation still terminated. Also
half-life is an old game made in 1997 i think.

I really need someones help, i would extremely appreciate if someone could
please help me.

-Will

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

Have a look here..
Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
program
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767

"Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> firstly and most importantly, my computer is a new dell with windows XP
>
> here is the proplem, i just bought half-life platinum collection(group of
> half-life pc games) but half life would not install. When I attempted to
> install the game, an error box came up and said the following:
>
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
> running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "Close" to
> terminate the application.
>

> anyway even if i clicked ignore, the installation still terminated. Also
> half-life is an old game made in 1997 i think.
>
> I really need someones help, i would extremely appreciate if someone could
> please help me.
>

> -Will

It works now! thank you so much!

sorry if i seem crazy, i am a half-life fanatic.

again thank you very much

"Ricky" wrote:

> Have a look here..
> Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
> program
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324767
>
> "Will" <Will@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > firstly and most importantly, my computer is a new dell with windows XP
> >
> > here is the proplem, i just bought half-life platinum collection(group of
> > half-life pc games) but half life would not install. When I attempted to
> > install the game, an error box came up and said the following:
> >
> > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for
> > running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose "Close" to
> > terminate the application.
> >

> > anyway even if i clicked ignore, the installation still terminated. Also
> > half-life is an old game made in 1997 i think.
> >
> > I really need someones help, i would extremely appreciate if someone could
> > please help me.
> >

> > -Will

Ricky

Distinguished