error message when trying to use add/remove windows compon..

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

setup was unable to open information file hiden. Contact your system
administrator, the specfic error code is 0x2 at line 2088999411

I have no idea what happened.......

John

John,

This is most likely caused by a syntax error in Sysoc.inf (have you modified
it?). Extracting a new copy from XP CD should help.

Insert the Windows XP CD in the drive.
Click Start/Run and type CMD
In the Command Prompt, type this line:

expand X:\i386\sysoc.in_ -r c:\windows\inf

Where X:\ is your CD-ROM drive letter. The above command assumes Windows is
installed in C:\ drive. If not, change the drive letter / Path accordingly.

Example: expand H:\i386\sysoc.in_ -r g:\windows\inf

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> setup was unable to open information file hiden. Contact your system
> administrator, the specfic error code is 0x2 at line 2088999411
>
> I have no idea what happened.......
>
> John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Wow that worked too. You sure know your stuff.........Thanks a bunch!!!!

John

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> John,
>
> This is most likely caused by a syntax error in Sysoc.inf (have you modified
> it?). Extracting a new copy from XP CD should help.
>
> Insert the Windows XP CD in the drive.
> Click Start/Run and type CMD
> In the Command Prompt, type this line:
>
> expand X:\i386\sysoc.in_ -r c:\windows\inf
>
> Where X:\ is your CD-ROM drive letter. The above command assumes Windows is
> installed in C:\ drive. If not, change the drive letter / Path accordingly.
>
> Example: expand H:\i386\sysoc.in_ -r g:\windows\inf
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "john" <john@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > setup was unable to open information file hiden. Contact your system
> > administrator, the specfic error code is 0x2 at line 2088999411
> >
> > I have no idea what happened.......
> >
> > John

Very welcome John.