XP Pro Crash Recovery

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Any suggestions?
After crash recovery I have two usernames (profiles?) in windows explorer tree
C:\Documents and Settings\Firstname Lastname and
C:\Documents and Settings\Firstname Lastname.FIRSTNAME
The second is now the "active" username. The settings are not the same as
they were in the first. I want to know if there is a way to revert back or
to merge these into one username (the first). System restore is not
available to help. Any suggestions will be appreciated

bar

It would appear that you managed to reinstall XP.

You can copy all the files from the old 'Firstname Lastname '
to the new:
Firstname Lastname.Firstname

Do it on a Folder by Folder basis, open the folder and copy all the files to
the new folder, that way you cancarefully monitor what yu move across.

When it's all done, then delet the old Firstname Lastname folder.