IE cannot display web pages

I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP Pro. Everything worked great until
the second time I logged into IE 6.0. When clicking on a news story the page
came back as unavailable. No websites will load at all.

I have repaired XP and still have the same problem.

Any suggestions?
5 answers Last reply
More about display pages

    Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
    button.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73FE15E0-2717-490D-A306-2DD96AC8D449@microsoft.com...
    >I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP Pro. Everything worked great until
    > the second time I logged into IE 6.0. When clicking on a news story the page
    > came back as unavailable. No websites will load at all.
    >
    > I have repaired XP and still have the same problem.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Thanks for responding! I followed your suggestion and received a succeeded
    message when running the REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL. I then reset the Web settings.
    However, I still have the same problem. Web pages will not load.

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
    > button.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73FE15E0-2717-490D-A306-2DD96AC8D449@microsoft.com...
    > >I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP Pro. Everything worked great until
    > > the second time I logged into IE 6.0. When clicking on a news story the page
    > > came back as unavailable. No websites will load at all.
    > >
    > > I have repaired XP and still have the same problem.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions?

    Clear the IE cache. (IE, tools, Options, Delete Files button, include offline content.)

    and

    How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 2:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870700

    --

    "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71E0CB04-ACD4-4DEC-A65B-D3FA43DBD79A@microsoft.com...
    > Thanks for responding! I followed your suggestion and received a succeeded
    > message when running the REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL. I then reset the Web settings.
    > However, I still have the same problem. Web pages will not load.
    >

    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
    >> button.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    >> ..
    >> "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73FE15E0-2717-490D-A306-2DD96AC8D449@microsoft.com...
    >> >I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP Pro. Everything worked great until
    >> > the second time I logged into IE 6.0. When clicking on a news story the page
    >> > came back as unavailable. No websites will load at all.
    >> >
    >> > I have repaired XP and still have the same problem.
    >> >
    >> > Any suggestions?

    I have done this as well but am still unable to load web pages.

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > Clear the IE cache. (IE, tools, Options, Delete Files button, include offline content.)
    >
    > and
    >
    > How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 2:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870700
    >

    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71E0CB04-ACD4-4DEC-A65B-D3FA43DBD79A@microsoft.com...
    > > Thanks for responding! I followed your suggestion and received a succeeded
    > > message when running the REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL. I then reset the Web settings.
    > > However, I still have the same problem. Web pages will not load.
    > >

    > > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
    > >> button.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    > >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    > >> ..

    the netsh command in SP2 can rebuild your Winsock. Open the command prompt and type: netsh winsock reset , then press ENTER.

    --

    "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBB4357F-E3BF-43C3-B68D-AD5DA845EAA7@microsoft.com...
    >I have done this as well but am still unable to load web pages.
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> Clear the IE cache. (IE, tools, Options, Delete Files button, include offline content.)
    >>
    >> and
    >>
    >> How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 2:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870700
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    >> ..
    >> "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71E0CB04-ACD4-4DEC-A65B-D3FA43DBD79A@microsoft.com...
    >> > Thanks for responding! I followed your suggestion and received a succeeded
    >> > message when running the REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL. I then reset the Web settings.
    >> > However, I still have the same problem. Web pages will not load.

Internet Explorer Windows XP Displays