IE cannot display web pages

deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP Pro. Everything worked great until
the second time I logged into IE 6.0. When clicking on a news story the page
came back as unavailable. No websites will load at all.

I have repaired XP and still have the same problem.

Any suggestions?

Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
button.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73FE15E0-2717-490D-A306-2DD96AC8D449@microsoft.com...
>I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP Pro. Everything worked great until
> the second time I logged into IE 6.0. When clicking on a news story the page
> came back as unavailable. No websites will load at all.
>
> I have repaired XP and still have the same problem.
>
> Any suggestions?

deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

Thanks for responding! I followed your suggestion and received a succeeded
message when running the REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL. I then reset the Web settings.
However, I still have the same problem. Web pages will not load.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
> button.
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73FE15E0-2717-490D-A306-2DD96AC8D449@microsoft.com...
> >I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP Pro. Everything worked great until
> > the second time I logged into IE 6.0. When clicking on a news story the page
> > came back as unavailable. No websites will load at all.
> >
> > I have repaired XP and still have the same problem.
> >
> > Any suggestions?

Clear the IE cache. (IE, tools, Options, Delete Files button, include offline content.)

and

How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870700

--

"Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71E0CB04-ACD4-4DEC-A65B-D3FA43DBD79A@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for responding! I followed your suggestion and received a succeeded
> message when running the REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL. I then reset the Web settings.
> However, I still have the same problem. Web pages will not load.
>

> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
>> button.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
>> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
>> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
>> ..
>> "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73FE15E0-2717-490D-A306-2DD96AC8D449@microsoft.com...
>> >I upgraded from Windows ME to Windows XP Pro. Everything worked great until
>> > the second time I logged into IE 6.0. When clicking on a news story the page
>> > came back as unavailable. No websites will load at all.
>> >
>> > I have repaired XP and still have the same problem.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?

deb

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003

I have done this as well but am still unable to load web pages.

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Clear the IE cache. (IE, tools, Options, Delete Files button, include offline content.)
>
> and
>
> How to troubleshoot problems accessing secure Web pages with Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 2:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870700
>

> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71E0CB04-ACD4-4DEC-A65B-D3FA43DBD79A@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for responding! I followed your suggestion and received a succeeded
> > message when running the REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL. I then reset the Web settings.
> > However, I still have the same problem. Web pages will not load.
> >

> > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
> >
> >> Go to Start/Run, and type: REGSVR32 URLMON.DLL Then open IE, Tools menu, Options, Program Tab, and click the "Reset Web Settings"
> >> button.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
> >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> >> marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
> >> ..

the netsh command in SP2 can rebuild your Winsock. Open the command prompt and type: netsh winsock reset , then press ENTER.