cant save games FM2005

shed

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2004

in my 5th season

i can load my saved game and it runs fine but when i go to save it i
get a error message saying cant save the game. I have even tried going
back to old saves and the same thing happens.

any ideas?

Cheers

shed wrote:
> in my 5th season
>
> i can load my saved game and it runs fine but when i go to save it i
> get a error message saying cant save the game. I have even tried going
> back to old saves and the same thing happens.
>
> any ideas?
>
> Cheers

What kind of error message is it?
Do you have enough hard drive space (if you are using the default save
place, it will be saving games in the My Documents folder, if you haven't
got enough room here, move the entire SI folder to a partition that does
have enough space). If that doesn't work, have you applied the patch?,
defrag your hard drive, or if you can load up your save game in a different
computer and see if it'll save then, if not then your save game is corrupt
or your game is.

--
Michael Murray

shed

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2004

Michael Murray wrote:
> shed wrote:
>
>>in my 5th season
>>
>> i can load my saved game and it runs fine but when i go to save it i
>>get a error message saying cant save the game. I have even tried going
>>back to old saves and the same thing happens.
>>
>>any ideas?
>>
>>Cheers
>

> What kind of error message is it?
> Do you have enough hard drive space (if you are using the default save
> place, it will be saving games in the My Documents folder, if you haven't
> got enough room here, move the entire SI folder to a partition that does
> have enough space). If that doesn't work, have you applied the patch?,
> defrag your hard drive, or if you can load up your save game in a different
> computer and see if it'll save then, if not then your save game is corrupt
> or your game is.

cheers.. got 31 gigs left, it comes up as an error message on windows
not the game " cant load saved game" or something along these lines.. I
started a new game and it stil wont save either :(

shed wrote:
> Michael Murray wrote:
>> shed wrote:
>>
>>> in my 5th season
>>>
>>> i can load my saved game and it runs fine but when i go to save it i
>>> get a error message saying cant save the game. I have even tried
>>> going back to old saves and the same thing happens.
>>>
>>> any ideas?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>

>> What kind of error message is it?
>> Do you have enough hard drive space (if you are using the default
>> save place, it will be saving games in the My Documents folder, if
>> you haven't got enough room here, move the entire SI folder to a
>> partition that does have enough space). If that doesn't work, have
>> you applied the patch?, defrag your hard drive, or if you can load
>> up your save game in a different computer and see if it'll save
>> then, if not then your save game is corrupt or your game is.
>>

> cheers.. got 31 gigs left, it comes up as an error message on windows
> not the game " cant load saved game" or something along these lines..
> I started a new game and it stil wont save either :(

Try uninstalling and reinstalling FM elsewhere (change the save location as
well), might be a bad bit of your hard drive, try running diskcheck/scandisk
to see if your hard drive has any errors (WinXP - My computer - right click
on hard drive - properties - tools tab - error checking - tick the boxes
marked automatically fix... and scan for ... click start and wait (might
need to finish when you next reboot due to locked files.)

--
Michael Murray

shed

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2004

Michael Murray wrote:
> shed wrote:
>
>>Michael Murray wrote:

>>>What kind of error message is it?
>>>Do you have enough hard drive space (if you are using the default
>>>save place, it will be saving games in the My Documents folder, if
>>>you haven't got enough room here, move the entire SI folder to a
>>>partition that does have enough space). If that doesn't work, have
>>>you applied the patch?, defrag your hard drive, or if you can load
>>>up your save game in a different computer and see if it'll save
>>>then, if not then your save game is corrupt or your game is.
>>>

>>cheers.. got 31 gigs left, it comes up as an error message on windows
>>not the game " cant load saved game" or something along these lines..
>>I started a new game and it stil wont save either :(
>

> Try uninstalling and reinstalling FM elsewhere (change the save location as
> well), might be a bad bit of your hard drive, try running diskcheck/scandisk
> to see if your hard drive has any errors (WinXP - My computer - right click
> on hard drive - properties - tools tab - error checking - tick the boxes
> marked automatically fix... and scan for ... click start and wait (might
> need to finish when you next reboot due to locked files.)

thanks it worked a treat