TECH: Tron Power Supply Battery Replacement

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

To replace the suicide battery on a Tron upright power supply, can I just
use a store bought 9V AA in a "remote" battery clip? i.e. a battery clip
off the main power supply PCB?

Thanks, James

--
Rescue Tron!
http://home.earthlink.net/~rescuetron/

stingray

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2002
Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I have tron, well it used to be tron ,now its sidearms hyperdyne but
the power supply is tron. i need the schematic for the midway 90412
power supply board. while trying to desolder the battery and reflow
some resistors, ( the old solder is very difficult to flow ), the
resistor r217 and c 206 i need values

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

Hi James,

There is a suicide 'battery' in a Tron game, that would make it dead ?
Lile the CPS2 capcom suicide board ? :-(

Darth Nuno
www.dragonslair.be