ctrl alt del

Jim

When I press these keys I used to get a box with drop down menus. CPU
usage, Processes, and a couple of others. Now all I get is a blank window.
I can't even close it unless I press the same keys again, open a 2nd window,
and then at the bottom I get a box in the taskbar that gives me the option
to close the open windows. Any idea how to correct this? If it matters, I
did replace my motherboard and processor, but used the old hard drive that
was functioning correctly. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Open Task Manager and double-click anywhere on the top Window border.
Somehow, you managed to convert Task Manager to run in "Tiny Footprint Mode".

Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jim" wrote:

| When I press these keys I used to get a box with drop down menus. CPU
| usage, Processes, and a couple of others. Now all I get is a blank window.
| I can't even close it unless I press the same keys again, open a 2nd window,
| and then at the bottom I get a box in the taskbar that gives me the option
| to close the open windows. Any idea how to correct this? If it matters, I
| did replace my motherboard and processor, but used the old hard drive that
| was functioning correctly. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Jim

Thanks! Any idea how I might have done that????

Jim
> Open Task Manager and double-click anywhere on the top Window border.
> Somehow, you managed to convert Task Manager to run in "Tiny Footprint
> Mode".
>
> Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Jim" wrote:
>
> | When I press these keys I used to get a box with drop down menus. CPU
> | usage, Processes, and a couple of others. Now all I get is a blank
> window.
> | I can't even close it unless I press the same keys again, open a 2nd
> window,
> | and then at the bottom I get a box in the taskbar that gives me the
> option
> | to close the open windows. Any idea how to correct this? If it
> matters, I
> | did replace my motherboard and processor, but used the old hard drive
> that
> | was functioning correctly. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Barry

Jim wrote:
> Thanks! Any idea how I might have done that????
>
> Jim
>
>>Open Task Manager and double-click anywhere on the top Window border.
>>Somehow, you managed to convert Task Manager to run in "Tiny Footprint
>>Mode".
>>
>>Task Manager Menu Bar and Tabs Are Not Visible in Windows XP
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314227
>>
>>--
>>Carey Frisch
>>Microsoft MVP
>>Windows XP - Shell/User
>>Microsoft Newsgroups
>>
>>Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
>>http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
>>
>>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>"Jim" wrote:
>>
>>| When I press these keys I used to get a box with drop down menus. CPU
>>| usage, Processes, and a couple of others. Now all I get is a blank
>>window.
>>| I can't even close it unless I press the same keys again, open a 2nd
>>window,
>>| and then at the bottom I get a box in the taskbar that gives me the
>>option
>>| to close the open windows. Any idea how to correct this? If it
>>matters, I
>>| did replace my motherboard and processor, but used the old hard drive
>>that
>>| was functioning correctly. Everything else seems to be working fine.

by double clicking it