D/Bay Devices on a Desktop?

I just picked up a D/Bay carrier for a 2.5" HDD I've got floating
around. It'll serve primarily as a 2nd drive in a media base on a
Latitude X300, but I'd be *very* handy if I could also use it to
transfer files to/from a desktop.

For that matter, it'd be nice to be able to pick up a dual layer DVD
burner for the X300 and use it as an external drive on a desktop.

Does anyone know if there's any sort of Dell or third party adapter
that lets you use D/Bay devices on a desktop? Either via the
proprietary dual USB connector or by just providing something like a
bay in a 5.25" spot on the front of the machine?

If not, would it be that hard to roll your own, given the pinouts for
the special D/Bay USB port?

-Ken

"kshep" <google@kshep.net> wrote:
>If not, would it be that hard to roll your own, given the pinouts for
>the special D/Bay USB port?

Shouldn't be hard, the "special" port is just USB with extra power.
Might be a nice accessory, let us know what you find!