Network ICON dissapears from Network Connection window

After installing SP2 the Networking gets corrupetd and the Icon dissapears from
the Network Connections window.
The only thing i have found to get it back is to run a full windows repair
on the system that backlevels it to SP1.

Firewall , or internet connection failure sp2 - Go to a command prompt and type in: netsh winsock reset and hit enter, restart the
machine. You will need to reinstall any programs which have added themselves to the winsock stack.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Rockin Ron" <Rockin Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C0B1ACD-F6F6-4524-9C7B-745B46A737EF@microsoft.com...
> After installing SP2 the Networking gets corrupetd and the Icon dissapears from
> the Network Connections window.
> The only thing i have found to get it back is to run a full windows repair
> on the system that backlevels it to SP1.

Thanks Mark But that did not fix the issue.
I have not installed the Beta Spyware blocker. This happens right after i
install SP2 .
The network icon is still gone and i can't get it back without doing a full
windows repair or format and rebuild.THe repair reverts it back to SP1. I
don't have this issue with SP1.

Q299357 - How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP-IP) in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q299357