Canon camera problem

I have Canon DM-MV500i camera, when I was connected
it with FireWire,Windows XP didn't recognized my DV camera.
Why?

FireWire card works perfectly, and I turned on camera.

Please, help !!! What I need to do ?

Ante T. typed:

> I have Canon DM-MV500i camera, when I was connected
> it with FireWire,Windows XP didn't recognized my DV camera.
> Why?
>
> FireWire card works perfectly, and I turned on camera.
>
> Please, help !!! What I need to do ?

Some cameras have special button or button position for software transfer.
Check out camera manual thoroughly how to connect to PC. Maybe just turning
on is not enough.