System Volume Information

I have 3 harddrives. 2 on ide1 and one on raid 1.
Why does XP put system volume information on all three drives? Isn't this
restore points for system restore? Why is it needed on all three drives?
2 answers Last reply
More about system volume information

    This is the default setup. To change, right-click on "My Computer",
    left-click "Properties", then choose "System Restore" tab. Highlight the
    drive on which you want to remove monitoring by System Restore. Click the
    "Settings" button. Activate the checkbox that says, "Turn off System
    Restore on this drive."

    "Rodney Kelp" <Rodneykelp605@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have 3 harddrives. 2 on ide1 and one on raid 1.
    > Why does XP put system volume information on all three drives? Isn't this
    > restore points for system restore? Why is it needed on all three drives?

    Hi Rodney,

    This is how System Restore keeps tabs on all partitions. All
    Partitions will have the System Volume Information folder on it.
    Partitions not monitored by SR will have a very small (around 20kb)
    SVI folder. SVI folders on unmonitored partitions can be renamed or
    deleted, but will recreated on reboot.

    All About System Restore in WinXP
    http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/index.html

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Rodney Kelp wrote:
    > I have 3 harddrives. 2 on ide1 and one on raid 1.
    > Why does XP put system volume information on all three
    > drives? Isn't this restore points for system restore? Why
    > is it needed on all three drives?

Windows XP