Guess I'm another noob buying a new laptop that is a bit lost and would love some advice. My price range is around £600-£800 (at a push - £750is better) GBP. I have been considering the Dell XPS 15 as a good purchase, but would welcome comments if people have views to the contrary.
1. What is your budget? £600-800 GBP
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15 inches
3. What screen resolution do you want? Dont care
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? Couple of hours or so
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, very interested in playing games, D3 when it comes out and probably MMORPG's in the future (not so much FPS but would like the capacity to play them on medium settings or so)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Word processing, watching Movies.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500GB should be fine
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. dell.com
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 3 years or so
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? DVD
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Havwe had a good experience of Dell in the past
13. What country do you live in? UK
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
SO the deal I was looking at was the Dell XPS 15 with 6144MB 1333MHz Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM, 2GB NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M Graphics Card and 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i5-2450M processor.
There is the option to upgrade to a 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM processor for a mere £40, is this worthwhile?
This laptop bundle is £664, is this about right in the market for a laptop of this spec or am I making a poor choice?
Are the 6GB RAM, graphics card and processor sufficient for gaming?