windows error 2

March 25, 2005 11:53:15 PM

I have been running Forte Agent from an external drive with no problem
for quite a while.
I had to perform a repair to operating system on main drive (winxp pro)
and now get this message
when trying to launch a file in a downloaded message:

"unable to execute command E:/Program files/Agent/DATA/temp/"file
name.jpg" (windows error 2).,

where "file name.jpg" was the name of the file to be opened and E is
the drive letter for the external drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mark Walker

More about : windows error

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 9:47:12 AM

Your external drive lacks a driver that works with sp2. Upgrading if available, or 'roll back driver' (in device manager) are about
all you are going to be able to do. The mail app is finding the %TEMP% I would guess, so it is some error in a driver. (Go to
start/run, and type : %TEMP% , to see if it opens)

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Mark Walker" <gulfpitt@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message news:%S_0e.21364$Ue6.15974@trndny04...
>I have been running Forte Agent from an external drive with no problem for quite a while.
> I had to perform a repair to operating system on main drive (winxp pro) and now get this message
> when trying to launch a file in a downloaded message:
>
> "unable to execute command E:/Program files/Agent/DATA/temp/"file name.jpg" (windows error 2).,
>
> where "file name.jpg" was the name of the file to be opened and E is the drive letter for the external drive.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Mark Walker

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 8:36:41 PM

Thanks for your response but it actually was a little simpler than that.
It seems that the file associations were lost for jpeg and bmp files and
when asked to open
them from the other drive, windows could not do it.
Anyways, I re-associated the file types with the appropriate viewer and
voila! back in business.

The other drive was always visible and the programs and files stored
there were always available. I guess I did not
make that part clear.

Thanks anyway,

Mark Walker

!