Nvidiatotheend

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2003
Been looking at the BFG Asylum FX5900 128M as it's available for $200. The Leadtek LX, and EVGA SE are right in the same price range, but I know they have the 2.8n DDR and are the lower end 5900's. I can't seem to find anywhere that it states what speed the DDR on the BFG card is? I would like to find the best value FX 5900 non Ultra that has the 2.2n RAM to be easily overclockable. Or better yet, any of you own the BFG 5900nU and can share overclockability and performance with it? Thx much!

:)

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
How about a Radeon 9800 Pro?? :lol:

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6752830" target="_new">Yay, I Finally broke the 12k barrier!!</A>

Nvidiatotheend

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2003
Obviously you didn't see price range....
And not sure why so many Nvidia haters, but the latest benchmarks I have been seeing has been showing Nvidia back on top...again. :) Have a nice day!

ps. anyone wanna not spam and offer some insightful advice to my question? :)

Carnecerro

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003
I bought this from Best Buy last week. It had the 2.8ns ram. I returned it two days later because I had bad artifacting issues in Jedi Academy, BF1942, and MOH:AA. That is with no overclock and the 52.16 Forceware drivers. I put a 9700 Pro in and had no more problems. If you can I would try the Asus or Gainward 5900nU.

Insightful advice?

Yeah stick to DX8 games. Or wait for the NV40 line to come down in price.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

eden

Champion
The ironic thing is that we would love not to "appear ATi biased" or "nV hating" for you all, but when we've researched and done our homework, and have come to a conclusion, don't try to sway our opinions which we believe are better than yours on this. They're not more right, but they're better.

Good advice TGGA! :wink:

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol:

eden

Champion
BTW for the 200$ price range, the 9800 should soon drop to that level, and is already around it.

I'd go for that over a 5900 anyday, clearly overall better value.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>This just in, over 56 no-lifers have their pics up on THGC's Photo Album! </b></font color=blue></A> :lol:

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
I tried looking for these so called benchmarks that showed the 5900 Ultra was better....and I found them. They were all directX 8 games and they were without AA/AF enabled.

Then I went and compared image quality on a bunch of them and found that ATI kicks Nvidia in the balls on this one.

I have a GF2 GTS and a GF3 Ti 500 that I still run. I've thought about getting a 5900 Ultra...but when I see better image quality and DX9 performance in the R300+ I go for ATI. Otherwise, I'd be fooling myself and actually lying to myself...and that's something I don't do. If you need links to these reviews...just ask TheGreatGrapeApe and I'm sure he'll have a whole slew of reviews for you to pick from that point toward ATI kicking the crap outta the 5900U.

If I'm spending 200 bucks on a vid card, I like my purchase to be a good one. Maybe you're into throwing money into the crapper...but I'm not. If Nvidia comes out with a kick arse product soon...I'll sway back to them. See, I'm a performance fan...I'm not a fanboy toward one company or the other...so as far as ATI and Nvidia are concerned..neither one of them have my loyalty. They only have my preference from time to time. If you're smart, you'll adopt the same attitude.

----------
<b>Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebrau? </b> <i>Homer Simpson</i>

TKS