Tech: Megatouch Sapphire DBA problem

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

i have a Merit Megatouch Sapphire that i replaced a DBA in and have a stupid
question about!

it is a 2511 U3 VN with a jumper to take new $5 and for amusement acceptance
which i already have in another Touchmaster touchscreen that works fine. my
question is probably easy but i am having troubles with making the $1 give 4
credits and same with $5 giving the correct 20 credits(now gives $1=1cr and
$5=5cr). menus option somewhere i'm missing????

is there an easy solution for my problem? i have went through the menus
several times but can't figure out what i need to do!!!

TIA,
Kelly

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

The VN was designed for the Vending machines (not amusement machines) That
is why you have to use the jumper. Now as for the pulses per dollar. The
AE validator has a switch setting for pulses per dollar, the VN does not.
The VN standard settings are 1 pulse per dollar.
The only way to change it is to "coupon config" the validator. The coupon
is found in the instal guide if you still have it and you just fill out the
boxes with a #2 pencil. If you don't have it call 800-345-8172 during the
week and press the buttons for Tech support. They should be able to fax out
a coupon to you.

Important, the AE and VN coupons are different, make sure you get the VN
one.

"Kelly Ray" <starwarsroomspam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> i have a Merit Megatouch Sapphire that i replaced a DBA in and have a
stupid
> question about!
>
> it is a 2511 U3 VN with a jumper to take new $5 and for amusement
acceptance
> which i already have in another Touchmaster touchscreen that works fine.
my
> question is probably easy but i am having troubles with making the $1 give
4
> credits and same with $5 giving the correct 20 credits(now gives $1=1cr
and
> $5=5cr). menus option somewhere i'm missing????
>
> is there an easy solution for my problem? i have went through the menus
> several times but can't figure out what i need to do!!!
>
> TIA,
> Kelly

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

thanks for the reply!

i have one of these for the 2500 series now and have already used it and
these are the settings that i have colored in.....are they correct for my
use?

# of bill directions 4

$1 high accept
$2 high accept
$5 high accept

pulse short(???)

pulses per dollar 4(???)

bezel lights on/flashing F

is this right? i was told that even if you set this, you dips take
precidence over this default setting???

Kelly

"Felix T Cat" <cfelix2k@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> The VN was designed for the Vending machines (not amusement machines) That
> is why you have to use the jumper. Now as for the pulses per dollar. The
> AE validator has a switch setting for pulses per dollar, the VN does not.
> The VN standard settings are 1 pulse per dollar.
> The only way to change it is to "coupon config" the validator. The coupon
> is found in the instal guide if you still have it and you just fill out
> the
> boxes with a #2 pencil. If you don't have it call 800-345-8172 during the
> week and press the buttons for Tech support. They should be able to fax
> out
> a coupon to you.
>
> Important, the AE and VN coupons are different, make sure you get the VN
> one.
>
> "Kelly Ray" <starwarsroomspam@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> i have a Merit Megatouch Sapphire that i replaced a DBA in and have a
> stupid
>> question about!
>>
>> it is a 2511 U3 VN with a jumper to take new $5 and for amusement
> acceptance
>> which i already have in another Touchmaster touchscreen that works fine.
> my
>> question is probably easy but i am having troubles with making the $1
>> give
> 4
>> credits and same with $5 giving the correct 20 credits(now gives $1=1cr
> and
>> $5=5cr). menus option somewhere i'm missing????
>>
>> is there an easy solution for my problem? i have went through the menus
>> several times but can't figure out what i need to do!!!
>>
>> TIA,
>> Kelly

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Those are the right settings. If you have ANY dip switches in the ON
position it will override the coupon config. Basicly when you use the
coupon you are re-configuring the "default" settings in the BV.

So, put all switches to the OFF position, press the blue button on the back
of the bv and insert the coupon.
The BV should return the coupon immediately and the LED should flash 10
times.
IF the BV holds the coupon for 10 seconds and then returns it the LED will
flash the number of times to correspond to the section of the coupon that is
incorrect. (eg 5 flashes indicates a problem with the bezel lights section)

Hope this helps.

> thanks for the reply!
>
> i have one of these for the 2500 series now and have already used it and
> these are the settings that i have colored in.....are they correct for my
> use?
>
> # of bill directions 4
>
> $1 high accept
> $2 high accept
> $5 high accept
>
> pulse short(???)
>
> pulses per dollar 4(???)
>
> bezel lights on/flashing F
>

> is this right? i was told that even if you set this, you dips take
> precidence over this default setting???
>
> Kelly
>
> "Felix T Cat" <cfelix2k@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> > The VN was designed for the Vending machines (not amusement machines)
That
> > is why you have to use the jumper. Now as for the pulses per dollar.
The
> > AE validator has a switch setting for pulses per dollar, the VN does
not.
> > The VN standard settings are 1 pulse per dollar.
> > The only way to change it is to "coupon config" the validator. The
coupon
> > is found in the instal guide if you still have it and you just fill out
> > the
> > boxes with a #2 pencil. If you don't have it call 800-345-8172 during
the
> > week and press the buttons for Tech support. They should be able to fax
> > out
> > a coupon to you.
> >
> > Important, the AE and VN coupons are different, make sure you get the VN
> > one.
> >
> > "Kelly Ray" <starwarsroomspam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> i have a Merit Megatouch Sapphire that i replaced a DBA in and have a
> > stupid
> >> question about!
> >>
> >> it is a 2511 U3 VN with a jumper to take new $5 and for amusement
> > acceptance
> >> which i already have in another Touchmaster touchscreen that works
fine.
> > my
> >> question is probably easy but i am having troubles with making the $1
> >> give
> > 4
> >> credits and same with $5 giving the correct 20 credits(now gives $1=1cr
> > and
> >> $5=5cr). menus option somewhere i'm missing????
> >>
> >> is there an easy solution for my problem? i have went through the
menus
> >> several times but can't figure out what i need to do!!!
> >>
> >> TIA,
> >> Kelly

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

i've been there already(did exactly what you suggested) and did that a first
before messing with the dips.

i thought i might have one setting incorrect but if this is the right
settings then what else could it be??

thanks for the info,

> Those are the right settings. If you have ANY dip switches in the ON
> position it will override the coupon config. Basicly when you use the
> coupon you are re-configuring the "default" settings in the BV.
>
> So, put all switches to the OFF position, press the blue button on the
> back
> of the bv and insert the coupon.
> The BV should return the coupon immediately and the LED should flash 10
> times.
> IF the BV holds the coupon for 10 seconds and then returns it the LED will
> flash the number of times to correspond to the section of the coupon that
> is
> incorrect. (eg 5 flashes indicates a problem with the bezel lights
> section)
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> "Kelly Ray" <starwarsroomspam@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> thanks for the reply!
>>
>> i have one of these for the 2500 series now and have already used it and
>> these are the settings that i have colored in.....are they correct for my
>> use?
>>
>> # of bill directions 4
>>
>> $1 high accept
>> $2 high accept
>> $5 high accept
>>
>> pulse short(???)
>>
>> pulses per dollar 4(???)
>>
>> bezel lights on/flashing F
>>

>> is this right? i was told that even if you set this, you dips take
>> precidence over this default setting???
>>
>> Kelly
>>
>> "Felix T Cat" <cfelix2k@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
>> > The VN was designed for the Vending machines (not amusement machines)
> That
>> > is why you have to use the jumper. Now as for the pulses per dollar.
> The
>> > AE validator has a switch setting for pulses per dollar, the VN does
> not.
>> > The VN standard settings are 1 pulse per dollar.
>> > The only way to change it is to "coupon config" the validator. The
> coupon
>> > is found in the instal guide if you still have it and you just fill out
>> > the
>> > boxes with a #2 pencil. If you don't have it call 800-345-8172 during
> the
>> > week and press the buttons for Tech support. They should be able to
>> > fax
>> > out
>> > a coupon to you.
>> >
>> > Important, the AE and VN coupons are different, make sure you get the
>> > VN
>> > one.
>> >
>> > "Kelly Ray" <starwarsroomspam@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> > stupid

>> > acceptance
> fine.
>> > my
>> > 4
>> > and

> menus

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Were the settings accepted ? (eg it returned the coupon immediately and
flashed 10 times) ?

> i've been there already(did exactly what you suggested) and did that a
first
> before messing with the dips.
>
> i thought i might have one setting incorrect but if this is the right
> settings then what else could it be??
>
> thanks for the info,
> Kelly
>
> "Felix T Cat" <cfelix2k@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> > Those are the right settings. If you have ANY dip switches in the ON
> > position it will override the coupon config. Basicly when you use the
> > coupon you are re-configuring the "default" settings in the BV.
> >
> > So, put all switches to the OFF position, press the blue button on the
> > back
> > of the bv and insert the coupon.
> > The BV should return the coupon immediately and the LED should flash 10
> > times.
> > IF the BV holds the coupon for 10 seconds and then returns it the LED
will
> > flash the number of times to correspond to the section of the coupon
that
> > is
> > incorrect. (eg 5 flashes indicates a problem with the bezel lights
> > section)
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > "Kelly Ray" <starwarsroomspam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> thanks for the reply!
> >>
> >> i have one of these for the 2500 series now and have already used it
and
> >> these are the settings that i have colored in.....are they correct for
my
> >> use?
> >>
> >> # of bill directions 4
> >>
> >> $1 high accept
> >> $2 high accept
> >> $5 high accept
> >>
> >> pulse short(???)
> >>
> >> pulses per dollar 4(???)
> >>
> >> bezel lights on/flashing F
> >>

> >> is this right? i was told that even if you set this, you dips take
> >> precidence over this default setting???
> >>
> >> Kelly
> >>
> >> "Felix T Cat" <cfelix2k@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote in message
> > That
> > The
> > not.
> > coupon
> > the

> > fine.

> > menus

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

i got it. apparently when i did the coupon trick it was not plugged into
the touchscreen itself but did this at the MEI distributors office. then, i
switched the dips around thinking "this will make double sure that it works
correctly"!

i did it again while in touchscreen and left dips alone(all OFF) and
credited up fine!

i just thought i needed dips set also i guess!

thanks for the help Felix,
Kelly