EXE Files that won't open !!!

March 25, 2005 9:45:42 PM

Has anyone experienced this strange phenomenon. None of my control panel
icons will open. No downloaded exe files will open when prompted. No
program exe files will open from inside my programs folder. As you can
gather I am using the internet which is a bonus perhaps and my machine
will boot up but none of my Desktop shortcuts will open their
respective programmes. All my scans have removed all known adaware and
my maintenance programmes that do work assure me that my PC is virus
free. Anything I download to my Desktop will not open. I can't even use
system restore because that exe file won't open either. Help !!!! Any
suggestions glady received. Thanks
Siggy

--
siggy

More about : exe files open

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 9:45:43 PM

Windows® XP File Association Fixes
Copyright 2003 - Doug Knox

CPL File Association Fix (Restore the default associations for CPL files)
Control Panel

EXE File Association Fix (Restore default association for EXE files)

LNK (Shortcut) File Association Fix (Restores Default Shortcut Behavior)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User