1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
13.3 – 15.6
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Programming, able to play diablo 3 (this is a must), I would really like it to be an ultrabook If I can get ultrabook with diablo 3 running that would be great!
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low, Medium or High)?
Yes, Low or Medium is fine. I really just want to play games like diablo 3 nothing else as challenging as that.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
I do want a hdmi port and I do like to do a little photoshop, but this is not a priority, I can do this on campus
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
256 gb minimum, really want an ssd
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
Probably at least 4 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need?
don’t need one at all
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
any brand, I was thinking about going with a mac, I know nothing about how gaming on macs works but if I could handle a diablo 3 on a mba that would be amazing
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
If there is anyway possible I could handle diablo 3 with an ultrabook that would be great, willing to wait for ivy bridge, but who really knows how long that is going to be.
Well I am willing to wait, as of now my laptop is slowly kicking the bucket. I am willing to wait for ivy bridge but afterwords I am still going to have to wait for the release of the ultrabooks, I dont know how long that will take though of course.
Yeah low will be fine, my main use for this laptop will be for programming and school work. I'm not to concerned with graphics that much as long as there is not any lag. I would rather the screen to be 13.3 and above though (sorry if i didn't specify that before hand). That sager did look very good though only because it had a discrete graphics card if I am not mistaken.
Here are laptops Im considering: hp spectre, dell xps 13, macbook pro, macbook air, samsung series 9.
They all have pretty similar processing power.
I guess my question really is can i handle diablo 3 with the current processors or do I really need to wait for ivy bridge and intel hd 4000.
Sorry for jumping around on you but I really have little idea what im doing
It's pretty heavy in the Recommended Graphics...... Desktop video cards like Geforce 260 and Radeon 4870.
I'll match those up with laptop cards and give you some idea of what type of graphics cards to look for.