TECH: Need 1942 schematics - sound issue

william

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

If anyone has a Capcom 1942 manual and schematics please LMK! I have a

sound issue that I'm trying to resolve. I have sound but no volume
control. I think the volume control POT is bad and need to know the
correct value for replacement.

Thanks!

william

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

OK. Send it to wbowie2003 (at) yahoo dot com

Does anyone know if the 1942 schematics are even scanned in?

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

try a 10K in there and see how that works

--
Art
"William" <wbowie2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If anyone has a Capcom 1942 manual and schematics please LMK! I have a
>
> sound issue that I'm trying to resolve. I have sound but no volume
> control. I think the volume control POT is bad and need to know the
> correct value for replacement.
>

> Thanks!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I've got the schematics for 1943.

I'm not sure how closely-related the boards are.

It's 1.7M.
If anyone wants it let me know.

(WARNING : Shameless plug coming-up ... )

It can also be found on the 4 DVD set I provide.

http://www.hobbyroms.com/manual.html

Cheers,
Steph

====

William wrote:
> If anyone has a Capcom 1942 manual and schematics please LMK! I have a
>
> sound issue that I'm trying to resolve. I have sound but no volume
> control. I think the volume control POT is bad and need to know the
> correct value for replacement.
>

> Thanks!

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I dont know if the manual on klov has the schematics. It says it is 20
pages.
http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=0&game_id=6766

Rick

"William" <wbowie2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If anyone has a Capcom 1942 manual and schematics please LMK! I have a
>
> sound issue that I'm trying to resolve. I have sound but no volume
> control. I think the volume control POT is bad and need to know the
> correct value for replacement.
>

> Thanks!

william

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

"AFAIK, it is not available on the net.

Regards,
Mark "

Great.

Does anyone out there have a copy of the manuals and schematics for
1942 that can be scanned in?

> Does anyone out there have a copy of the manuals and schematics for
> 1942 that can be scanned in?

AFAIK, they're not available period... 1942 came out late enough that
Capcom was getting paranoid about pirates so I've never seen a schematic
package for 1942 (or any of the later 19__ games).

There (ironically) was a clone of 1942 called "B52 Bomber" which was close
enough that you can swap CPU/Video boards with factory original 1942 parts
and they'll interoperate. I kinda doubt that there's any schematics for B52
Bomber out there either, but it's something else to look for I suppose...

-Clay

Clay Cowgill wrote:

> AFAIK, they're not available period... 1942 came out late enough that
> Capcom was getting paranoid about pirates so I've never seen a schematic
> package for 1942 (or any of the later 19__ games).

I have the 1943 schematics.

Regards,

--

"Mark McDougall" <msmcdoug@no.spam.iinet> wrote in message
> I have the 1943 schematics.

Oh, duh-- you're right. I forgot those turned up a few years ago. I do
believe it's the exception to the rule though...

-Clay

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?)

I just checked my capcom 1942 board.

82K ohm pot.

Does that help ? :)

- Chris.