Windows Xp problems, please help

March 25, 2005 7:45:02 PM

I am running Win XP 5.1, my computer will not let me install SP2 for some
reason even though I have done everything to prepare it for it. My IE is
messed up I can't click on any hyperlinks on it nor can I find out what
version it is when I pull down the help menu and select the about IE option.
My Win Media Player never works no matter how many times I reinstall it, I
Get an Internal application error everytime and I have no codecs conflicting
with it. When I go into device manager to update drivers the window for it
allways crashes so I can never access it. Windows refuses to acknowlege any
of my USB so I cannot install my new printer. I am getting really fustrated
with windows right now can anyone help me?

More about : windows problems

March 25, 2005 11:19:59 PM

Sounds pretty bad and you are of course omitting lots of details about how
your system got screwed up.

Save your files and then do a clean boot reinstall. A clean boot reinstall
involves reformatting the hard disk and then starting fresh.
!