Language toolbar

I have installed the WinXP language toolbar on my system and need help
uninstalling it. When I tried to just turn it off via the settings, it
locks out the taskbar to where I can't access it unless I activate say the
desktop icons on it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Perry

Perry,

Try this:
http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=f0bm501s4fip6vaibuctci9hlg0bn3kgs7%404ax.com&output=gplain

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Perry Mason" <pmccork@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have installed the WinXP language toolbar on my system and need help
>uninstalling it. When I tried to just turn it off via the settings, it
>locks out the taskbar to where I can't access it unless I activate say the
>desktop icons on it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank
>you!
>
> Perry

Thanks! The language bar is disabled now but the taskbar is still
inaccessible for some reason. I can't expand it as well. I tried to adjust
my monitor size but that didn't make any difference either.

> Perry,
>
> Try this:
> http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=f0bm501s4fip6vaibuctci9hlg0bn3kgs7%404ax.com&output=gplain
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Perry Mason" <pmccork@msn.com> wrote in message
>>I have installed the WinXP language toolbar on my system and need help
>>uninstalling it. When I tried to just turn it off via the settings, it
>>locks out the taskbar to where I can't access it unless I activate say the
>>desktop icons on it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank
>>you!
>>
>> Perry

Perry,

I'm unclear how the Taskbar looks like. But, make sure that you have
unlocked the Taskbar and try resizing it.

--

> Thanks! The language bar is disabled now but the taskbar is still
> inaccessible for some reason. I can't expand it as well. I tried to
> adjust my monitor size but that didn't make any difference either.

>> Perry,
>>
>> Try this:
>> http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=f0bm501s4fip6vaibuctci9hlg0bn3kgs7%404ax.com&output=gplain
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Perry Mason" <pmccork@msn.com> wrote in message
>>>I have installed the WinXP language toolbar on my system and need help
>>>uninstalling it. When I tried to just turn it off via the settings, it
>>>locks out the taskbar to where I can't access it unless I activate say
>>>the desktop icons on it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
>>>Thank you!
>>>
>>> Perry

You can see the top edge of the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and when
you place the pointer over it, you get the double arrow to resize it but it
doesn't function. You can right click and get the properties and toolbar
options. I've cleared the lock taskbar and autohide options as well.

> Perry,
>
> I'm unclear how the Taskbar looks like. But, make sure that you have
> unlocked the Taskbar and try resizing it.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Perry Mason" <pmccork@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks! The language bar is disabled now but the taskbar is still
>> inaccessible for some reason. I can't expand it as well. I tried to
>> adjust my monitor size but that didn't make any difference either.
>>
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Perry,
>>>
>>> Try this:
>>> http://groups.google.co.in/groups?selm=f0bm501s4fip6vaibuctci9hlg0bn3kgs7%404ax.com&output=gplain
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "Perry Mason" <pmccork@msn.com> wrote in message

Perry,

Perhaps this repair method would help. Create a S.R point beforehand.
http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=uNnqonPSDHA.1920%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

--

> You can see the top edge of the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and
> when you place the pointer over it, you get the double arrow to resize it
> but it doesn't function. You can right click and get the properties and
> toolbar options. I've cleared the lock taskbar and autohide options as
> well.

>> Perry,
>>
>> I'm unclear how the Taskbar looks like. But, make sure that you have
>> unlocked the Taskbar and try resizing it.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Perry Mason" <pmccork@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks! The language bar is disabled now but the taskbar is still
>>> inaccessible for some reason. I can't expand it as well. I tried to
>>> adjust my monitor size but that didn't make any difference either.
>>>
>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but I just tried your
suggestion and it looks like it worked like a charm! Thank you very much!

Perry

> Perry,
>
> Perhaps this repair method would help. Create a S.R point beforehand.
> http://groups.google.co.in/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=uNnqonPSDHA.1920%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Perry Mason" <pmccork@msn.com> wrote in message
>> You can see the top edge of the taskbar at the bottom of the screen and
>> when you place the pointer over it, you get the double arrow to resize it
>> but it doesn't function. You can right click and get the properties and
>> toolbar options. I've cleared the lock taskbar and autohide options as
>> well.
>>
>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Perry,
>>>
>>> I'm unclear how the Taskbar looks like. But, make sure that you have
>>> unlocked the Taskbar and try resizing it.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>>> Windows XP Shell/User
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "Perry Mason" <pmccork@msn.com> wrote in message

You're very welcome Perry. Glad that took care of it, and thanks to the
author.