I need something that will make my Windows Media Player 10 play CD audio
tracks copied to my "My Music" folder. The CD was made in 2002 and the
disk drives - both the installed and the CDRW - wouldn't recognize the
disk for a while... Anybody had this problem with a "homemade disk"?
Thanks for any help...
Kathy

What format were the tracks copied in?

Kevin wrote:
> What format were the tracks copied in?
>
> "KMP" <kathykane@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>I need something that will make my Windows Media Player 10 play CD audio
>>tracks copied to my "My Music" folder. The CD was made in 2002 and the
>>disk drives - both the installed and the CDRW - wouldn't recognize the
>>disk for a while... Anybody had this problem with a "homemade disk"?
>>Thanks for any help...
>>Kathy
They come up as CDAudio.

The .cda, or Compact Disk Audio format is the format used for commercial
music (audio) CD's. Check to see if WMP 10 is enabled to read these files.
Usually, by default, Windows Media Player will be able to play a commercial
music CD just fine, but sometimes it gets confused about file formats. It
may want the files to be .wmv or .mp3 format. Was the disk finalized when
it was burned? If not, it won't play in any player.

> Kevin wrote:
> > What format were the tracks copied in?
> >
> > "KMP" <kathykane@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>I need something that will make my Windows Media Player 10 play CD audio
> >>tracks copied to my "My Music" folder. The CD was made in 2002 and the
> >>disk drives - both the installed and the CDRW - wouldn't recognize the
> >>disk for a while... Anybody had this problem with a "homemade disk"?
> >>Thanks for any help...
> >>Kathy
> They come up as CDAudio.

CD Audio files (.cda) can't be "copied". They must be "ripped" (copied and
converted) by a media player into a WMA or MP3 file. A .cda file seems to
only be a pointer to actual tracks on an audio CD.