Can't view HTML under View Source

I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?
5 answers Last reply
More about view html view source

    In news:879BD31E-BDBC-4AE1-99CC-22450962D952@microsoft.com,
    Saxjean <Saxjean@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?

    Open IE, click tools, click options, click programs, set the default HTML
    editor to notepad or your HTML editing software.

    Galen

    This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

    1. Start Internet Explorer
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. Click the General tab.
    4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
    5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Saxjean" <Saxjean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?

    or
    Source Code Is Not Displayed When You Click Source on the View Menu in Internet
    Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];306907

    There has also been some reports that Quick View Plus can cause this problem.
    See the below links for further information if required:-
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#view_source
    and/or
    http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/iescrcod.htm

    Saxjean wrote:
    > I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?

    Man, why does this have to happen. Now I have to delete my temporary
    internet file collection. Do you know how long that's going to take? I'll
    start it tonight, fire-up the old media center, and then it'll be done by the
    morning. You see, I had a bet with a friend about who could go longer
    without doing anything to their system to maintain it's performance. Him on
    Linux, me on XP MCE. So far, after 8 months, this is it. I can't view HTML
    source because I have over 55,000 temporary internet files in 38 folders.
    It's so impressive I had to take a screenshot! I'll email it to you if you
    wish. I bet it's gotta break some record somewhere.

    -Nate

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.
    >
    > 1. Start Internet Explorer
    > 2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    > 3. Click the General tab.
    > 4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
    > 5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Saxjean" <Saxjean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?

  5. Quote:

    This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

    1. Start Internet Explorer
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. Click the General tab.
    4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
    5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Saxjean" <Saxjean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?

    Hello
    deleting those temp files took care of my problem....... much gratitude for your assistance and knowledge.
    Robert Neill

Support HTML Microsoft Windows XP