Can't view HTML under View Source

March 25, 2005 8:21:01 PM

I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?

More about : view html view source

March 26, 2005 4:03:23 AM

In news:879BD31E-BDBC-4AE1-99CC-22450962D952@microsoft.com,
Saxjean <Saxjean@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?

Open IE, click tools, click options, click programs, set the default HTML
editor to notepad or your HTML editing software.

Galen
March 26, 2005 3:27:29 PM

This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

1. Start Internet Explorer
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the General tab.
4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Saxjean" <Saxjean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?
March 26, 2005 4:11:43 PM

or
Source Code Is Not Displayed When You Click Source on the View Menu in Internet
Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];306907

There has also been some reports that Quick View Plus can cause this problem.
See the below links for further information if required:-
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers2.htm#view_sour...
and/or
http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/iescrcod.htm

Saxjean wrote:
> I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 3:16:03 AM

Man, why does this have to happen. Now I have to delete my temporary
internet file collection. Do you know how long that's going to take? I'll
start it tonight, fire-up the old media center, and then it'll be done by the
morning. You see, I had a bet with a friend about who could go longer
without doing anything to their system to maintain it's performance. Him on
Linux, me on XP MCE. So far, after 8 months, this is it. I can't view HTML
source because I have over 55,000 temporary internet files in 38 folders.
It's so impressive I had to take a screenshot! I'll email it to you if you
wish. I bet it's gotta break some record somewhere.

-Nate

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.
>
> 1. Start Internet Explorer
> 2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
> 3. Click the General tab.
> 4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
> 5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Saxjean" <Saxjean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?

December 1, 2011 12:23:38 PM

Quote:

This problem occurs if the Temporary Internet Files are full.

1. Start Internet Explorer
2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
3. Click the General tab.
4. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
5. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Saxjean" <Saxjean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I hit view then source and nothing happens - What do I do?

Hello
deleting those temp files took care of my problem....... much gratitude for your assistance and knowledge.
Robert Neill
!