Galaxian cabinet

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hi,
Can someone give me some info on an original Galaxian cab. Was there
some kind of lightly textured vinyl or something that was applied over
the wood sides before side art was screened on? Someone painted my cab
black, and as I stripped off the black I found this very lightly
textured finish with the original art on it. The sides are beat and
need refinishing bad, for now I planned to paint them and hope someone
decides to repro side art.
Were the original cab sides smooth or very lightly textured?
Anyone have info on this?
Thanks for any help.
Rich Harkoff
2 answers Last reply
More about galaxian cabinet
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    The sideart was screened directly onto textured vinyl. No one makes
    replacemet sideart that I know of. Apparently over a year, a British
    company had suggested they were going to make reproduction artwork,
    but nothing has ever materialized.

    Blaine.

    - - -
    >Hi,
    >Can someone give me some info on an original Galaxian cab. Was there
    >some kind of lightly textured vinyl or something that was applied over
    >the wood sides before side art was screened on? Someone painted my cab
    >black, and as I stripped off the black I found this very lightly
    >textured finish with the original art on it. The sides are beat and
    >need refinishing bad, for now I planned to paint them and hope someone
    >decides to repro side art.
    >Were the original cab sides smooth or very lightly textured?
    >Anyone have info on this?
    >Thanks for any help.
    >Rich Harkoff
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

    I had the same thing, only another layer of black vinyl covered the original
    art, not paint.. This galaxian had been converted into a "Name That Tune".
    Once I peeled off that black vinyl, I could see that the galaxian art was
    screened directly onto light textured vinyl beneath, and it looked pretty
    good.

    I found some vectorized repro galaxian art over on
    http://www.localarcade.com/arcade_art if you are so inclined you can get
    printed onto vinyl sticker material at Kinkos..

    Good luck with your project! Chris

    "don1400" <rharkoff@new.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Can someone give me some info on an original Galaxian cab. Was there
    > some kind of lightly textured vinyl or something that was applied over
    > the wood sides before side art was screened on? Someone painted my cab
    > black, and as I stripped off the black I found this very lightly
    > textured finish with the original art on it. The sides are beat and
    > need refinishing bad, for now I planned to paint them and hope someone
    > decides to repro side art.
    > Were the original cab sides smooth or very lightly textured?
    > Anyone have info on this?
    > Thanks for any help.
    > Rich Harkoff

Games Video Video Games