i am unable to run back up on my cd burner. i understand xp did not
initially support backup to cd because it didn't recognize cd burners as
storage media but i thought that had been changed. is it possible to back up
to cd? if so, how?

You should be able to use the Windows CD Writing Wizard to copy your files
and data to a CD-R disk. You can also use a packet writing application like
InCD from Nero to create backup disks.

"oldmantjo" <oldmantjo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i am unable to run back up on my cd burner. i understand xp did not
> initially support backup to cd because it didn't recognize cd burners as
> storage media but i thought that had been changed. is it possible to back
up
> to cd? if so, how?

"=?Utf-8?B?b2xkbWFudGpv?=" wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:
>i am unable to run back up on my cd burner. i understand xp did not
>initially support backup to cd because it didn't recognize cd burners as
>storage media but i thought that had been changed. is it possible to back up
>to cd? if so, how?

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262006
"Windows backup does not back up to CD-R/CD-RW/DVD-R devices"

http://OakRoadSystems.com/