I think my problem is spyware, I have been having trouble over the last few
weeks and it seem to get worse the last few days. On March 25 it got real bad
and when I rebooted the next day my desktop was changed and had a spyware
advertisement on my destop and my orgianl desktop was gone.
I attempted to do a restore (I have done them before) and now it seems there
is no restore points.. I checked and it set up to do restore points.
I also attempted to change my desktop and the system will not let me.
I have my hard drive partitioned C & E and when I look in my E drive I can
see my orginal desktop items but I can seem to modify the desktop that is in
my C drive.
I have run Microsoft Spyware and Adaware to clean up my computer, it found
lot of problems and fixed them but I can seem to fix my problem

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

m wrote:

> I think my problem is spyware, I have been having trouble over the last few
> weeks and it seem to get worse the last few days. On March 25 it got real bad
> and when I rebooted the next day my desktop was changed and had a spyware
> advertisement on my destop and my orgianl desktop was gone.
> I attempted to do a restore (I have done them before) and now it seems there
> is no restore points.. I checked and it set up to do restore points.
> I also attempted to change my desktop and the system will not let me.
> I have my hard drive partitioned C & E and when I look in my E drive I can
> see my orginal desktop items but I can seem to modify the desktop that is in
> my C drive.
> I have run Microsoft Spyware and Adaware to clean up my computer, it found
> lot of problems and fixed them but I can seem to fix my problem

Also try Spybot Search and Destroy. Zone Alarm firewall is also free
and will tell you (unlike XP's firewall) when malware tries to call home
so you can take steps to stop it in its tracks. Free programs like
'Startup Inspector' or 'Startman' will tell you what software is
starting up on a reboot and offer the opportunity to disable what you
can't find any info on. There is a wealth of software to help you just
Google for what you want. No one has a silver bullet - you have to
educate yourself.

By the way, do you have Anti-virus running? There are some free ones
out there but I prefer to purchase support for the seemingly daily
attacks - but of course free is better than nothing.

John