How can I disable automatic dialing up.

March 26, 2005 5:23:38 PM

Hi,
I have set my ADSL connection to [never try to dial to Internet] in IE. But
when I am off-line, my Windows dialup program always try to connect to
Internet every a few minutes. How can I absolutely disable automatic dialing
up. Thanks.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 5:23:39 PM

Right click My Computer icon, choose Manage/Services and
Applications/Services
In the right pane, select Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and double
click
Use the Startup type drop box and choose Disabled.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"zlf" <zlfcn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have set my ADSL connection to [never try to dial to Internet] in IE.
> But when I am off-line, my Windows dialup program always try to connect to
> Internet every a few minutes. How can I absolutely disable automatic
> dialing up. Thanks.

Anonymous
March 26, 2005 10:48:41 PM

Thanks a lot:)

zlf

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org>
??????:%23lI5ZCdMFHA.3540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Right click My Computer icon, choose Manage/Services and
> Applications/Services
> In the right pane, select Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and double
> click
> Use the Startup type drop box and choose Disabled.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "zlf" <zlfcn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> I have set my ADSL connection to [never try to dial to Internet] in IE.
>> But when I am off-line, my Windows dialup program always try to connect
>> to Internet every a few minutes. How can I absolutely disable automatic
>> dialing up. Thanks.

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 1:22:17 AM

You're welcome zlf.