How can I disable automatic dialing up.

Hi,
I have set my ADSL connection to [never try to dial to Internet] in IE. But
when I am off-line, my Windows dialup program always try to connect to
Internet every a few minutes. How can I absolutely disable automatic dialing
up. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about disable automatic dialing

    Right click My Computer icon, choose Manage/Services and
    Applications/Services
    In the right pane, select Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and double
    click
    Use the Startup type drop box and choose Disabled.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "zlf" <zlfcn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have set my ADSL connection to [never try to dial to Internet] in IE.
    > But when I am off-line, my Windows dialup program always try to connect to
    > Internet every a few minutes. How can I absolutely disable automatic
    > dialing up. Thanks.

    Thanks a lot:)

    zlf

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org>
    ??????:%23lI5ZCdMFHA.3540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Right click My Computer icon, choose Manage/Services and
    > Applications/Services
    > In the right pane, select Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and double
    > click
    > Use the Startup type drop box and choose Disabled.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "zlf" <zlfcn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> I have set my ADSL connection to [never try to dial to Internet] in IE.
    >> But when I am off-line, my Windows dialup program always try to connect
    >> to Internet every a few minutes. How can I absolutely disable automatic
    >> dialing up. Thanks.

    You're welcome zlf.

    --

    > Thanks a lot:)
    >
    > zlf
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org>
    > ??????:%23lI5ZCdMFHA.3540@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >> Right click My Computer icon, choose Manage/Services and
    >> Applications/Services
    >> In the right pane, select Remote Access Auto Connection Manager and
    >> double click
    >> Use the Startup type drop box and choose Disabled.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "zlf" <zlfcn@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have set my ADSL connection to [never try to dial to Internet] in IE.
    >>> But when I am off-line, my Windows dialup program always try to connect
    >>> to Internet every a few minutes. How can I absolutely disable automatic
    >>> dialing up. Thanks.

Internet Explorer Connection Internet Windows XP