My 3 year old Dell 8200 is in a desparate need for more RAM.
Currently I have 256 MB of Samsung RDRAM. There are two 128 MB
MR16R-0828BN1-CK8 PC-800 nonECC 45ns chips in one block. The
remaining 2 RIMM slots are empty. I want to add 256 MB memory to
attain 512 MB RDRAM. Yesterday I found the same chips on ebay and
they sold for about $90, which is outragous for used RAM chips. What
kind of RDRAM can I use?

You have no choice. The ONLY memory that will work in the 8200-8250 is
Rambus.
Best deal I have seen on new was at http://snipurl.com/c54g
I picked up 1 Gb for my 8200 before it really started going up in price.

--
Steve Williams

<outer@innered.org> wrote in message
> My 3 year old Dell 8200 is in a desparate need for more RAM.
> Currently I have 256 MB of Samsung RDRAM. There are two 128 MB
> MR16R-0828BN1-CK8 PC-800 nonECC 45ns chips in one block. The
> remaining 2 RIMM slots are empty. I want to add 256 MB memory to
> attain 512 MB RDRAM. Yesterday I found the same chips on ebay and
> they sold for about $90, which is outragous for used RAM chips. What
> kind of RDRAM can I use?

<outer@innered.org> wrote in message
> My 3 year old Dell 8200 is in a desparate need for more RAM.
> Currently I have 256 MB of Samsung RDRAM. There are two 128 MB
> MR16R-0828BN1-CK8 PC-800 nonECC 45ns chips in one block. The
> remaining 2 RIMM slots are empty. I want to add 256 MB memory to
> attain 512 MB RDRAM. Yesterday I found the same chips on ebay and
> they sold for about $90, which is outragous for used RAM chips. What
> kind of RDRAM can I use?

You don't have a choice in the matter.........the 8200/8250 series use
Rambus.

You're right, it's outrageously expensive and obsolete technology.

<outer@innered.org> wrote in message
| My 3 year old Dell 8200 is in a desparate need for more RAM.
| Currently I have 256 MB of Samsung RDRAM. There are two 128 MB
| MR16R-0828BN1-CK8 PC-800 nonECC 45ns chips in one block. The
| remaining 2 RIMM slots are empty. I want to add 256 MB memory to
| attain 512 MB RDRAM. Yesterday I found the same chips on ebay and
| they sold for about $90, which is outragous for used RAM chips. What
| kind of RDRAM can I use?

Since no one else mentioned it, whatever you buy, buy two. RDRAM goes in
matched pairs.

Remove shoes to E-mail.