Desktop Question

When selecting a New Desktop background like "Stonehenge" I select the New
Background and click apply and the new background is displayed correctly.
But after a restart, when the desktop loads the newly selected background
will appear for a few moments and than blank and re-appear as a totally black
background. Icons and everything else appears normal except for the black
background instead of the selected image. It happens on all of the
background images I have tried. Any ideas..... Not a major problem but I
would like to know what is going on.

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509