Password wont return even in safe mode

I was on the internet and a bunch of pop ups came up and my computer froze.
So I restarted it and when I came back to the welcome screen my original
password had changed and all the other accounts had passwords added on them.I
started the computer in safe mode and I tried changing my password and
getting rid of the other passwords that were added on to the accounts but the
changes only took place in safe mode and didnt take place on regular start
up. Is there anything I can do to fix this. Thanks

Unfortunately without the password it is hard to get much done. There aren't
much options beyond having to recover files by physically reading the drive
which even then generally requires a password. An interesting scenario, let
me know if you figure it out.

--
Andrew Frantsuzov (wreakon@pclx.com)
PCLX http://ww.pclx.com