How to access After Burner's lights

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

I have a standup After Burner. The danger lights (two upper corner
lights) and the "Lock On" light does not work. I'm assuming that they
are simply burned out, but I cannot figure how to access them.

Can anybody tell me how to gain access to these lights?

Thanks in advance.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

If I remember correctly, you need to remove the shroud. Loosen the
control panel - I think they are tamper proof screws (torx bit with a
stud center) and drop it down. That should give you access to take out
the shroud. I think they were regular light bulb thread but the small
ones (like an oven bulb) only 25 watt or so. I sold mine a while ago
so I'm shooting from memory....

Troy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Yes, that's correct, and don't forget to take off the bracket at the top
too. I'm pretty sure they are torx screws as well. There is no need to
remove the screws on the clear plexi part.

Mark Hooks

<takeman@comcast.net> wrote in message
> If I remember correctly, you need to remove the shroud. Loosen the
> control panel - I think they are tamper proof screws (torx bit with a
> stud center) and drop it down. That should give you access to take out
> the shroud. I think they were regular light bulb thread but the small
> ones (like an oven bulb) only 25 watt or so. I sold mine a while ago
> so I'm shooting from memory....
>
> Troy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Thank you both for your help. That did the trick. I was a little
reluctant to just begin unscrewing things.

Replacing the danger lights solved the problem.

However, after replacing the Lock-On light, it is constantly on. Since
everything else seems to work, does this point to a potentially bad SSR
board, (labeled #839-0051)?

Thanks in advance.