EXE Files that won't open !!!

Thanks Wes for taking the time to reply. The main sticking point is not
being able to open anything I have downloaded, which includes the .reg
files. I can't get into the registry either.
Best wishes
Siggy

--
siggy
1 answer Last reply

    Siggy,

    What happens if you double click the *.reg files?

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:siggy.1mi11m@pcbanter.net,
    siggy <siggy.1mi11m@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks Wes for taking the time to reply. The main sticking point is
    > not being able to open anything I have downloaded, which includes the
    > .reg files. I can't get into the registry either.
    > Best wishes
    > Siggy
    >

    > Wesley Vogel Wrote:
    >> Windows® XP File Association Fixes
    >> Copyright 2003 - Doug Knox
    >> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
    >>
    >> CPL File Association Fix (Restore the default associations for CPL
    >> files)
    >> Control Panel
    >>
    >> EXE File Association Fix (Restore default association for EXE files)
    >>
    >> LNK (Shortcut) File Association Fix (Restores Default Shortcut
    >> Behavior)
    >>

    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:siggy.1mh3pm@pcbanter.net,
    >> siggy siggy.1mh3pm@pcbanter.net hunted and pecked:-
    >> Has anyone experienced this strange phenomenon. None of my control
    >> panel icons will open. No downloaded exe files will open when
    >> prompted. No program exe files will open from inside my programs
    >> folder. As you can gather I am using the internet which is a bonus
    >> perhaps and my machine will boot up but none of my Desktop shortcuts
    >> will open their respective programmes. All my scans have removed all
    >> known adaware and my maintenance programmes that do work assure me
    >> that my PC is virus free. Anything I download to my Desktop will not
    >> open. I can't even use system restore because that exe file won't
    >> open either. Help !!!! Any suggestions glady received. Thanks
    >> Siggy
    >>

    >> --
    >> siggy-
    >

    > --