Larrisa Virus on XP - Help!

I have the Larrisa virus on my PC. It pops with the message about SKydevil on
Notepad. Every solution I am given asks me o run programs the virus won't let
me run. I can't go to virus sites, I can't install any antivirus software, I
can open REGEDIT to delet it there. Waht can I do?

"valili" <valili@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the Larrisa virus on my PC. It pops with the message about SKydevil
>on
> Notepad. Every solution I am given asks me o run programs the virus won't
> let
> me run. I can't go to virus sites, I can't install any antivirus software,
> can open REGEDIT to delet it there. Waht can I do?

If you are on cable or ADSL you could try booting to "Safe Mode with
networking". You may be able to access the antivirus sites that way. If you
are on dial-up this may not work. In any case you'll need access to the
sites Rick mentions. If you can't do it from your computer you'll have to
use a friends computer that has a CD burner and burn the needed files to a
CDROM disk, then install them on your computer.

Kerry

Hi,

Download the AV scanners, then run them in safe mode where the bug will
likely not be loaded and preventing its removal. Free virus removal tools:

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
http://www.emsisoft.com/en/
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/8/lng/us/tpl/v5/nid/3001#3001
http://www.f-secure.com/download-purchase/tools.shtml

Symantec also distributes many free removal tools that are virus-specific:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html

How to start in Safe mode:
http://www.rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Safe%20mode

--