Resource CD missing on new Dell I9200

Will Dell send one, or it is best just
to download all the files from their site,
and burn one's own.

Thanks,

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

    ahall@no-spam-panix.com wrote:

    > Will Dell send one, or it is best just
    > to download all the files from their site,
    > and burn one's own.

    Have you tried calling and asking? <g>

    Notan

    I would download and burn my own.
    It is also faster to install from the downloaded files than
    the resource cd. You may want to rename the files
    when you download them so you can tell what they are (ie
    rename R1187.exe to audio_r1187.exe for example).
    Dave

    <ahall@no-spam-panix.com> wrote:

    >Will Dell send one, or it is best just
    >to download all the files from their site,
    >and burn one's own.
    >
    >Thanks,

    Why would anyone but a computer that does not come with a full
    operating system disk???? You paid for the OS, you should get what
    you paid for. If Dell will not send a disk than make hem take the
    computer back and refund your money.

    --
    A: Maybe because some people are too annoyed by top-posting.
    A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

    >> ahall@no-spam-panix.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> Will Dell send one, or it is best just
    >> to download all the files from their site,
    >> and burn one's own.
    >>
    >> Thanks,

    no> Why would anyone but a computer that does not come with a full
    no> operating system disk???? You paid for the OS, you should get what
    no> you paid for. If Dell will not send a disk than make hem take the
    no> computer back and refund your money.

    It came with the full OEM XP-Pro-SP2. IT did not come
    with a disk with hardware specific drivers.

    --

    <ahall@no-spam-panix.com> wrote in message

    | Will Dell send one, or it is best just
    | to download all the files from their site,
    | and burn one's own.
    |
    | Thanks,
    |

    | --
    | Andrew Hall
    | (Now reading Usenet in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell...)

    I had the same thing happen with a Dimension 8400 I recently took delivery
    on. I did both.

    I don't mind making my own disc but figured I should get what I paid for as
    well. I always make copies of the factory discs anyway.

    Forget calling. I emailed support on the 11th. Airborne delivered the disc
    on the 17th.

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    <ahall@no-spam-panix.com> wrote in message

    > Will Dell send one, or it is best just
    > to download all the files from their site,
    > and burn one's own.
    >
    > Thanks,

    I recently purchased a Dimension 8400 which came with a Resource/Drivers CD.

    If you check the website, you'll find most of the drivers on the CD have
    been updated anyway, so you're better off burning your own.

Dell Download CD-Rom Computers