Switch user doesnt work

March 26, 2005 10:35:44 AM

Hello

I have a problem in my computer (XP Pro) that if Im logged in as user A
and want to switch to user B using just switch user. I click on it, the
screen with the users appear, I click on the new user, put the
password, the screen goes blue and then instead of going to the new
user's desktop it goes back to the screen with the user list.

The only way to get to the new user's desktop is to log off the user
and then log in with the new one.

Any ideas,
/Dan
Anonymous
March 27, 2005 1:27:47 PM

Might be a system with no service pack?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328934

or
Too small a page file.

or
you might be seeing corrupt files:
To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

or
You are loading some corrupt driver.
start/run, type: devmgmt.msc
or: the event viewer might have some message about a driver

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Dan" <gamesstate@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1111851344.720971.236040@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> Hello
>
> I have a problem in my computer (XP Pro) that if Im logged in as user A
> and want to switch to user B using just switch user. I click on it, the
> screen with the users appear, I click on the new user, put the
> password, the screen goes blue and then instead of going to the new
> user's desktop it goes back to the screen with the user list.
>
> The only way to get to the new user's desktop is to log off the user
> and then log in with the new one.
>
> Any ideas,
> /Dan

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 2:37:00 PM

"Dan" wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have a problem in my computer (XP Pro) that if Im logged in
> as user A
> and want to switch to user B using just switch user. I click
> on it, the
> screen with the users appear, I click on the new user, put the
> password, the screen goes blue and then instead of going to
> the new
> user's desktop it goes back to the screen with the user list.
>
> The only way to get to the new user's desktop is to log off
> the user
> and then log in with the new one.
>
> Any ideas,
> /Dan

Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is
disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
Back to the top

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if the service is disabled or if the service
is disabled for the hardware profile that you are currently using.
Back to the top

RESOLUTION
To resolve this issue: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to
Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
2. Double-click the service that did not start.
3. Click the Log On tab.
4. Verify that the service has not been disabled for the hardware
profile that you are using. If it has, click Enable.
5. Click the General tab. Verify that the service has not been
disabled in the Startup Type box. If it has, click Automatic to have
it start when you start the computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;241584

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Switch-user...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1206687