Switch user doesnt work

Hello

I have a problem in my computer (XP Pro) that if Im logged in as user A
and want to switch to user B using just switch user. I click on it, the
screen with the users appear, I click on the new user, put the
password, the screen goes blue and then instead of going to the new
user's desktop it goes back to the screen with the user list.

The only way to get to the new user's desktop is to log off the user
and then log in with the new one.

Any ideas,
/Dan
2 answers Last reply
More about switch user doesnt work

    Might be a system with no service pack?
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328934

    or
    Too small a page file.

    or
    you might be seeing corrupt files:
    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

    or
    You are loading some corrupt driver.
    start/run, type: devmgmt.msc
    or: the event viewer might have some message about a driver

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

    "Dan" wrote:
    > Hello
    >
    > I have a problem in my computer (XP Pro) that if Im logged in
    > as user A
    > and want to switch to user B using just switch user. I click
    > on it, the
    > screen with the users appear, I click on the new user, put the
    > password, the screen goes blue and then instead of going to
    > the new
    > user's desktop it goes back to the screen with the user list.
    >
    > The only way to get to the new user's desktop is to log off
    > the user
    > and then log in with the new one.
    >
    > Any ideas,
    > /Dan

    Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is
    disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
    Back to the top

    CAUSE
    This behavior can occur if the service is disabled or if the service
    is disabled for the hardware profile that you are currently using.
    Back to the top

    RESOLUTION
    To resolve this issue: 1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to
    Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
    2. Double-click the service that did not start.
    3. Click the Log On tab.
    4. Verify that the service has not been disabled for the hardware
    profile that you are using. If it has, click Enable.
    5. Click the General tab. Verify that the service has not been
    disabled in the Startup Type box. If it has, click Automatic to have
    it start when you start the computer.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;241584

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Switch-user-doesnt-work-ftopict349657.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1206687