Error messages

pccompjr

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2002
My system consist of:windows me,msi kt3 ultra 2 mobo,80 gb wd hdd,512 mb kingston hyper x mem,athlon xp 2200+,sb audigy 2 sound card;my problem is this,for some unknown reason to me i keep getting error messages;example
rundll.32 has caused an error in <unknown> run dll.32 will now close;kernel32.dll,ikernel,setc3a4,winmgmt,ikernel,explorer
all with the same result(caused an error in <unknown> will now close.
i have done a complete re install of windows, have received all windows updates and it still happens""::)(*&^%
somebody please help(please send replies to pccompjr@aol.com) thanks very much

pccompjr

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2002
i have an antec true 330watt p/s
can you give me some help on how to test the p/s,memory
i have on board monitoring and it says everything is fine,right now the cpu is only 112 degrees f.
it used to work fine, until i installed s/b audigy sound card-tech support says the sound card has nothing to do with the o/s-tjhey think it might be a bad file or something
thing is if it was a bad file when i done a complete re formatt that should have gotten rid of it

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It's the sound card. Try moving it to a different slot. Unfortunately you may have corrupted some files. Also, this soundcard is known to cause hard drive corruption on VIA KT266 and KT133A chipsets.

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>

bronibbear

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2001
Windows ME is the most deplorable OS. I have have yet to see it run stably on a machine with a CPU over 1GHz (particularly Athlon based ones)! Windows XP will run like a dream on your setup and make full use of your 512meg of ram something that ME simply can’t do. If you can’t get hold of XP go back to Win98se though older than ME it is still much more reliable.