Whats best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnavah

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Hello, im looking in to buying one of two computers, Asus with 6650 radeon AMD A4 8GB RAM or a Toshiba with 6620G radeon A8 8GB RAM, wich one is the best (better)?

samer sami

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
i think you must go with the ASUS laptop as its all features are good

if u have a choice i say u to increase the ram to 6gb or 8gb
and no other game will lag in your laptop

dont forget to use windows 7 ultimate 32 or 64 bit

and enjoy......:)

vnavah

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
There isn't much difference between the 6650m and 6620G, but I'd go for the Toshiba with the A8, since Quad > Dual core.
Thats what i thoght but the person selling me the Asus (6650m) told me that it has 1.5GB of dedicated graphic memory and the toshiba (6620G) only 512MB. On a side note, I havent heard of a Notebook with 1.5GB below $1.3k mark.

Thats what i thoght but the person selling me the Asus (6650m) told me that it has 1.5GB of dedicated graphic memory and the toshiba (6620G) only 512MB. On a side note, I havent heard of a Notebook with 1.5GB below $1.3k mark.

Ahh I see. Though it totally slipped my mind that games still do require a good GPU to get good performance...long day so excuse me.

But yes, as someone else stated here, dual graphics>A8 if you're using this machine mostly for gaming.

if were talking about video memory, i seen this Acer Laptop at 2 gb video memory for 700$ when browsing laptops/notebooks earlier

1GB VRAM at most (I agree).

ACER: very unreliable.

APU:
Don't expect too much for gaming on laptops at $700 or less. The APU's are incredibly cool and quiet so I do recommend them.

There are still several games that are fun to play on laptops. (Sam&Max, Angry Birds, many older games, Torchlight etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.