windows cannot open this file

Hi guys, nearly all the icons on my home xp, are whited out, except
mozilla/Outlook/My computor/Unused Icons. Id just turned on my computor and
it went into Diskscan before ending up as above. I dont have access to help
and support via Windows explorer but do have access to Run/Search and Control
panel via windows explorer.Just before I restarted the system AVG Antivirus
had done an automatic Update.My PC is also protected against Spyware pop-ups
and the like.Any ideas or help would be appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows open file

    How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
    If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
    a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)
    875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350
    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "blackpatchtrader" <blackpatchtrader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi guys, nearly all the icons on my home xp, are whited out, except
    > mozilla/Outlook/My computor/Unused Icons. Id just turned on my computor and
    > it went into Diskscan before ending up as above. I dont have access to help
    > and support via Windows explorer but do have access to Run/Search and Control
    > panel via windows explorer.Just before I restarted the system AVG Antivirus
    > had done an automatic Update.My PC is also protected against Spyware pop-ups
    > and the like.Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Windows Explorer Support Windows XP