Your question

Drivers for windows7 and vista are same or not

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 20, 2010 7:24:07 AM

Hello,
r the drivers for vista and windows7 same or no?

More about : drivers windows7 vista

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 20, 2010 8:03:03 AM

To answer that question, you need to check with the manufacturer of your computer.
When there is a difference, the manufacturer will provide a Windows 7 driver. When there is no difference, the manufacturer with advise that Vista drivers can be used in Windows 7 OS.
m
l
June 20, 2010 9:06:23 AM

Some one Vista drivers works on win 7. BUT also, when you install win 7, the O.S. usually recognize all the hardware of your system. With hardware i mean, GPU, keyboard, mouse...the usually.
m
l
Related resources
June 20, 2010 12:31:10 PM

However, If you're on a laptop, you need to take extra precaution while installing Win 7 on it, since without the proper dedicated drivers, even Win 7 won't provide support for some of the components (like sound, for eg)
m
l
June 20, 2010 3:26:43 PM

Pretty weird mix up thee. The answer is a general NO to if they are the same or not. They're different, but upon compatibility mode, right click upon .exe, and you can run old drivers. Mostly.

Quote:
However, If you're on a laptop, you need to take extra precaution while installing Win 7 on it, since without the proper dedicated drivers, even Win 7 won't provide support for some of the components (like sound, for eg)

Never was an issue to me, and I've installed a lot of laptops with win7..

If there are problems you can not overcome on your own, I'd recommend DriverDetective. They cost a little something to use, but it's easily worth the few bucks, since the program identifies, tracks down and provides you with download and install from the same window. And you can use the program on ten computers.. think it's about 20$US, but don't remember. What I do remember is that it updated my drivers very nicely. I'd stay clear of the chipset installs, though, and possibly also USB drivers, since I suddenly got messages of "working better if I used a highspeed (2.0) USB port"..

I must add that my meanmachine is heavily customized.. :bounce: 

Hope that as of help and not more insecurity.. :heink: 
m
l
June 20, 2010 8:42:55 PM

Win7 and Vista have the same API for drivers. Win7 has a few more. Vista drivers should work in 7, but not the other way around, unless of course the "Win7" drivers are just the Vista drivers anyway.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 21, 2010 7:23:57 AM

Quote:
Hello,
r the drivers for vista and windows7 same or no?

The drivers are not the same however most drivers that were designed for Windows Vista work on Windows 7. You should check however, with the manufacturer of your hardware, for Windows 7 specific drivers for the best performance.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
June 21, 2010 6:14:20 PM

Quote:
Win7 is basically an improved Vista. However it seems to have more problems than Vista.

Many Vista drivers will work for Win7.

your joking right? people who have problems with win7 are people still trying to use the beta copy or are trying to run it on PC's from 10 years ago.
m
l
!