New Auction at Betson Pacific in L.A. April 30th

Archived from groups: alt.collecting.juke-boxes,rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Just found out that a new auction company is having an auction on April 30th
at Betson Pacific in Buena Park, CA. This may be a good thing considering
how we get gouged from Rob. You might want to get on the mailing list at
www.cashmanauctions.com. They also list a phone number of 619-697-7777.
Tim
20 answers Last reply
More about auction betson pacific april 30th
  1. Archived from groups: alt.collecting.juke-boxes,rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Thanks for the info...but their website just says "upcoming auctions
    pending" ....what exactly is going on April 30th?

    Greg

    "Tim Paule" <tnspaule@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Just found out that a new auction company is having an auction on April
    30th
    > at Betson Pacific in Buena Park, CA. This may be a good thing
    considering
    > how we get gouged from Rob. You might want to get on the mailing list at
    > www.cashmanauctions.com. They also list a phone number of 619-697-7777.
    > Tim
  2. Archived from groups: alt.collecting.juke-boxes,rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    they updated the site with a new flyer that has details of the auction

    check it out at www.cashmanauctions.com
  3. Archived from groups: alt.collecting.juke-boxes,rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    can you post a direct link? I am not finding it on the website
    "ayush saran" <ayushsaran@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > they updated the site with a new flyer that has details of the auction
    >
    > check it out at www.cashmanauctions.com

  4. Archived from groups: alt.collecting.juke-boxes,rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    "frog" <van.nevel@verizon.net> wrote in news:9O%6e.28352$B12.14570
    @trnddc09:

    > can you post a direct link? I am not finding it on the website
    > "ayush saran" <ayushsaran@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> they updated the site with a new flyer that has details of the auction
    >>
    >> check it out at www.cashmanauctions.com

    http://www.cashmanauctions.com/upc_auc.html

    -Tom
  5. Archived from groups: alt.collecting.juke-boxes,rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    when u go to cash...link hit auctions, then upcoming and the ad pops up.
    "frog" <van.nevel@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > can you post a direct link? I am not finding it on the website
    > "ayush saran" <ayushsaran@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > > they updated the site with a new flyer that has details of the auction
    > >
    > > check it out at www.cashmanauctions.com

  6. Archived from groups: alt.collecting.juke-boxes,rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Cool! Thanks for the info...it'll be interesting to see what an alternative
    to Super Auctions is like. It seems kind of weird though, that this is info
    is just popping up a mere few weeks before the auction....how will anyone
    aside from arcade newsgroup junkies find out about this?

    Actually - that'd be great for buyers. :) :) :)

    > I heard between 6 and 700 games for sale as well as 10% off parts at
    Beston.
    > Don't quote me. Tim
  7. Archived from groups: alt.collecting.juke-boxes,rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I wonder how much of a buyers premium is involved?
    doesn't mention on the website.
    couldn't be any worse than SA, I image.
    If anyone goes to this, update us on how it goes.
    I might try to make it myself.

    Troy,

    Tim Paule <tnspaule@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Just found out that a new auction company is having an auction on April
    30th
    > at Betson Pacific in Buena Park, CA. This may be a good thing
    considering
    > how we get gouged from Rob. You might want to get on the mailing list at
    > www.cashmanauctions.com. They also list a phone number of 619-697-7777.
    > Tim

  8. Archived from groups: alt.collecting.juke-boxes,rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I talked to the owner, I believe he said 13% buyers premium.

    Robert in Ridgecrest

    Troy wrote:
    > I wonder how much of a buyers premium is involved?
    > doesn't mention on the website.
    > couldn't be any worse than SA, I image.
    > If anyone goes to this, update us on how it goes.
    > I might try to make it myself.
    >

    > Troy,
    >

    > Tim Paule <tnspaule@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > Just found out that a new auction company is having an auction on
    April
    > 30th
    > > at Betson Pacific in Buena Park, CA. This may be a good thing
    > considering
    > > how we get gouged from Rob. You might want to get on the mailing
    list at
    > > www.cashmanauctions.com. They also list a phone number of
    619-697-7777.
    > > Tim

  9. Archived from groups: alt.collecting.juke-boxes,rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Same as SA then. I was hoping it would be a bit less. to stir up some
    competition.

    Troy,

    <mcwhorter1@ridgenet.net> wrote in message
    > I talked to the owner, I believe he said 13% buyers premium.
    >
    > Robert in Ridgecrest
    >
    > Troy wrote:
    > > I wonder how much of a buyers premium is involved?
    > > doesn't mention on the website.
    > > couldn't be any worse than SA, I image.
    > > If anyone goes to this, update us on how it goes.
    > > I might try to make it myself.
    > >

    > > Troy,
    > >

    > > Tim Paule <tnspaule@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > > Just found out that a new auction company is having an auction on
    > April
    > > 30th
    > > > at Betson Pacific in Buena Park, CA. This may be a good thing
    > > considering
    > > > how we get gouged from Rob. You might want to get on the mailing
    > list at
    > > > www.cashmanauctions.com. They also list a phone number of
    > 619-697-7777.
    > > > Tim

  10. Archived from groups: alt.collecting.juke-boxes,rec.games.pinball,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Just received an email update:

    $300 refundable cash deposit for a bid card...eff that.

    -Tom

    ------------------------------ S N I P ------------------------

    Cashman Auctions Inc. is having a Public Auction On April 30th.

    This auction will consist of over 500 Coin-Operated Amusement Game.
    There will be a range from Classics Arcade Games to the latest in
    Video arcade games in operation and a good variety of Pinball’s,
    Pool Tables, Juke Boxes, Air Hockey, Kiddy Rides,
    Change Machines, Vending Machines & Much More.
    Please contact us to Consign Equipment at this event.

    We are Limited on space So please call to reserve a spot.
    The auction is scheduled for:
    Saturday April 30th at 10:30a.m. @
    Betson West World’s Largest Amusement Game Distributor.
    Located at:
    5660 Knott Ave
    Buena Park Ca, 90621

    Maps and Driving Directions : Click here

    Auction Special at Betson 10% off all Parts on (Excludes All Sale Items)
    On Friday April 29th and Saturday April 30th.

    Preview & Registration (On-Site):
    April 30th from 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.

    Consignment Drop off:
    Friday April 29th 10:00am-6:00pm

    NOTE: “All items are sold as is where is” No Guarantees. So please
    inspect all items before bidding.
    Auction admission is free of charge and open to the public. But to become
    a registered bidder and receive a bidder card you must place a Refundable
    $300 cash deposit and or 10% of planed bid amount on items to continue
    bidding and furnish a valid picture I.D., such as a driver's license or
    passport. For more information regarding payment, registration, removal,
    etc., click on the Terms of Sale link from the web site offered below.

    For further detail and a list of items for auction, please visit our web
    site at http://www.cashmanauctions.com

    Thank you,

    Cashman Auctions Inc.

    Marketing & Sales Dept.,
    For any further questions,
    Call Us at: 619-697-7777
    Or E-mail us at: cashmanauctions.com@yahoo.com
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    everything sounds just like SA.
    I little to close for comfort.

    Troy,

    Tom <bombaci@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Just received an email update:
    >
    > $300 refundable cash deposit for a bid card...eff that.
    >
    > -Tom
    >
    > ------------------------------ S N I P ------------------------
    >
    > Cashman Auctions Inc. is having a Public Auction On April 30th.
    >

    > This auction will consist of over 500 Coin-Operated Amusement Game.
    > There will be a range from Classics Arcade Games to the latest in
    > Video arcade games in operation and a good variety of Pinball's,
    > Pool Tables, Juke Boxes, Air Hockey, Kiddy Rides,
    > Change Machines, Vending Machines & Much More.
    > Please contact us to Consign Equipment at this event.
    >

    > We are Limited on space So please call to reserve a spot.
    > The auction is scheduled for:
    > Saturday April 30th at 10:30a.m. @
    > Betson West World's Largest Amusement Game Distributor.
    > Located at:
    > 5660 Knott Ave
    > Buena Park Ca, 90621
    >

    > Maps and Driving Directions : Click here
    >

    > Auction Special at Betson 10% off all Parts on (Excludes All Sale Items)
    > On Friday April 29th and Saturday April 30th.
    >

    > Preview & Registration (On-Site):
    > April 30th from 9 a.m. - 10:30 a.m.
    >
    > Consignment Drop off:
    > Friday April 29th 10:00am-6:00pm
    >
    > NOTE: "All items are sold as is where is" No Guarantees. So please
    > inspect all items before bidding.
    > Auction admission is free of charge and open to the public. But to become
    > a registered bidder and receive a bidder card you must place a Refundable
    > $300 cash deposit and or 10% of planed bid amount on items to continue
    > bidding and furnish a valid picture I.D., such as a driver's license or
    > passport. For more information regarding payment, registration, removal,
    > etc., click on the Terms of Sale link from the web site offered below.
    >

    > For further detail and a list of items for auction, please visit our web
    > site at http://www.cashmanauctions.com
    >

    > Thank you,
    >
    > Cashman Auctions Inc.
    >

    > Marketing & Sales Dept.,
    > For any further questions,
    > Call Us at: 619-697-7777
    > Or E-mail us at: cashmanauctions.com@yahoo.com
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    300 deposit for a bidder card, definately eff that!
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Because at SA, if I buy nothing, I leave and don't have to wait in the
    line waiting for the dumbass working the computer to get my refund. If
    its a 1 time thing, maybe, but if its every time, major eff that.
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Why? If you're going to an auction, you're gonna possibly spend a few
    hundred....and if you don't, you get the money back..whats the big deal?

    Greg

    "dek" <lonsother@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > 300 deposit for a bidder card, definately eff that!

  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I can see both sides of this one. Waiting for your bidder deposit to
    be refunded would be a hassle and those pay lines after the auctions
    take forever. It might discourage buyers from registering which would
    tend to hurt prices, or worse buyers might bid without a bidder number
    (which we've all seen) and the seller or other interested buyers might
    get screwed on the deal.

    On the other hand sometimes buyers leave the auction without paying and
    then you're left hauling the game home. If you spent that money as a
    credit towards other purchases at the auction, then there's even more
    of a sting to it.

    I'm not sure at the end of the day that there's an easy solution, maybe
    holding drivers licenses instead?

    Mike Doyle
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Yeah-

    You all should deffinately stay home, too much hassle, too much
    deposit, then broke-ass folks like me can have a shot to buy some games
    for decent prices. So just do me a favor for once and STAY HOME!!!
    LMAO
    syncbus@gmail.com wrote:
    > I can see both sides of this one. Waiting for your bidder deposit to
    > be refunded would be a hassle and those pay lines after the auctions
    > take forever. It might discourage buyers from registering which
    would
    > tend to hurt prices, or worse buyers might bid without a bidder
    number
    > (which we've all seen) and the seller or other interested buyers
    might
    > get screwed on the deal.
    >
    > On the other hand sometimes buyers leave the auction without paying
    and
    > then you're left hauling the game home. If you spent that money as a
    > credit towards other purchases at the auction, then there's even more
    > of a sting to it.
    >
    > I'm not sure at the end of the day that there's an easy solution,
    maybe
    > holding drivers licenses instead?
    >
    > Mike Doyle
  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Haha, yeah....Dean and I will be the only ones there, and we'll get Bud
    Tappers and Space Aces and Environmental Trons for $10 each..hehehe.

    Bottom line - I'll go, check it out, if there's something I really really
    want, I'll leave the deposit.
    Greg

    "Dean" <deanryanayer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:
    > You all should deffinately stay home, too much hassle, too much
    > deposit, then broke-ass folks like me can have a shot to buy some games
    > for decent prices. So just do me a favor for once and STAY HOME!!!
    > LMAO
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I couldn't make it. How were the prices/turn-out/etc.?

    Have any trouble getting all those $10 eDoTs loaded into your truck?
    ;-)

    Regards,
    Dogberry

    Sweet Zombie Jesus wrote:
    > Haha, yeah....Dean and I will be the only ones there, and we'll get
    Bud
    > Tappers and Space Aces and Environmental Trons for $10 each..hehehe.
  19. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    citznfish@gmail.com wrote in news:1114966697.328924.173950
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > All-in-all I think the auction was amatuerish, but a nice change from
    > Super Auctions. No shill bidding at all! However, the Auctioneer would
    > constantly forget where he was in the bidding, he'd say they were

    The auction @ New England Coin Op was the second auction I went to. It
    was great. The auctioneer spoke in plain english, told all the rules
    before bidding started, and like you said, NO shill bidding. He went at
    a methodical pace, and was quite enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the
    next one, whenever that is.
    --
    Do you want a free Gaming Console?
    http://consoles.prizecube.com/?ref=12216