system icon in control panel wont work at all

i got a message saying that my virtual memory is low. went into control panel
and when i click on system nothing happens. when i right click i get open and
create shortcut. i am moderately experienced as i solved my sp2 problem
without much help . lol. but this i cannot figure out
1 answer Last reply
More about system icon control panel wont work

    To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type (or paste in): SFC /SCANNOW (see: Description of Windows XP and Windows Server
    2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310747 )

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "ryan" <ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE6F0F05-98ED-4C85-97E6-7F2E24631436@microsoft.com...
    >i got a message saying that my virtual memory is low. went into control panel
    > and when i click on system nothing happens. when i right click i get open and
    > create shortcut. i am moderately experienced as i solved my sp2 problem
    > without much help . lol. but this i cannot figure out

Control Panel Virtual Memory Microsoft Windows XP