WORDPAD XP

March 26, 2005 10:46:23 PM

I have new computer and typed a letter in wordpad then saved it. BUT when I
went to open it I got error" can't open file in word 6.0
How do I fix this problem?

More about : wordpad

Anonymous
March 27, 2005 5:52:02 AM

You have three options.

1) Open Wordpad directly and then do a FILE > OPEN to open your saved
document.

2) You can associate files that end in .rtf with Wordpad and not Word. To do
this open up My Computer, Click on Edit, Click on Folder Options, Click File
Type tab, Scroll down to rtf files, Click on Change button, Select Wordpad
from the list of programs that appears, make sure the "Always use the
selected program to open this kind of file" box is ticked, click on Apply
and Click OK.

3) Right click on the file and select Open With from the menu that appears,
select Wordpad.

--
Regards

Greg Palmer
MS-MVP Windows (Shell/User)

"wayne bansemer" <wayne_bansemer@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I have new computer and typed a letter in wordpad then saved it. BUT when I
>went to open it I got error" can't open file in word 6.0
> How do I fix this problem?

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 12:57:43 AM

It a security update. Word 6 files can't be guaranteed
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870883 is a workaround. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS04... is the reason MS has blocked Wordpad opening Word 6 files.

!