Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I try to use help on my own but XP is very tough to get information from.
For Example; Why cannot I find out "from XP help" which key or key
combination to use if I have screensaver running using my pictures and have
"allow scrolling with keyboard" checked.
I find the XP groups to be very helpful but the program help files basically
useless. I would rather find it myself than bother groups.
SG

http://aumha.org/win5/

"shakey" wrote:

> I try to use help on my own but XP is very tough to get information from.
> For Example; Why cannot I find out "from XP help" which key or key
> combination to use if I have screensaver running using my pictures and have
> "allow scrolling with keyboard" checked.
> I find the XP groups to be very helpful but the program help files basically
> useless. I would rather find it myself than bother groups.
> SG

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

"lesjf" <lesjf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> http://aumha.org/win5/
>
> "shakey" wrote:
>
>> I try to use help on my own but XP is very tough to get information from.
>> For Example; Why cannot I find out "from XP help" which key or key
>> combination to use if I have screensaver running using my pictures and
>> have
>> "allow scrolling with keyboard" checked.
>> I find the XP groups to be very helpful but the program help files
>> basically
>> useless. I would rather find it myself than bother groups.
>> SG

Thanks but I do not want another site to look at.
I would like to see MS support/document their own programs.

shakey wrote:
> Thanks but I do not want another site to look at.
> I would like to see MS support/document their own programs.

Did you ever try right-clicking on the option in the screensaver settings?
If you are in Display Options, Screensavers tab.. And you have selected "My
Pictures Slideshow" as your screensaver, then you click on the Settings
button, it will open the window with the settings for "My Pictures
Screensaver". The last checkbox (what I assume you are speaking of) is
"Allow scrolling through pictures with the keyboard" and if you right-click
on the words next to the checkbox and choose "What's this?", you will see
the help that states:

"Specifies you want to use the arrow keys on your keyboard to scroll through
the pictures when the screen saver is on."

--
<- Shenan ->

Shakey

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

> shakey wrote:
>> I try to use help on my own but XP is very tough to get information
>> from. For Example; Why cannot I find out "from XP help" which key
>> or key combination to use if I have screensaver running using my
>> pictures and have "allow scrolling with keyboard" checked.
>> I find the XP groups to be very helpful but the program help files
>> basically useless. I would rather find it myself than bother groups.
>
> lesjf wrote:
>> http://aumha.org/win5/
>
> shakey wrote:
>> Thanks but I do not want another site to look at.
>> I would like to see MS support/document their own programs.
>
> Did you ever try right-clicking on the option in the screensaver settings?
> If you are in Display Options, Screensavers tab.. And you have selected
> "My Pictures Slideshow" as your screensaver, then you click on the
> Settings button, it will open the window with the settings for "My
> Pictures Screensaver". The last checkbox (what I assume you are speaking
> of) is "Allow scrolling through pictures with the keyboard" and if you
> right-click on the words next to the checkbox and choose "What's this?",
> you will see the help that states:
>
> "Specifies you want to use the arrow keys on your keyboard to scroll
> through the pictures when the screen saver is on."
>
> --
> <- Shenan ->

Thank you Shenan for that, it solves that question.
I had not done that as it usually results in the obvious such as repeating
the questionable text in a different form. My bigger question though "for
Microsoft really" is why their built in help and support sites do not have
answers to simple questions such as this.
SG