residual directory

I have a directory (C:\program files\xerox\mwwia) which will not delete.
It has survived multiple HD formats and new WinXP installs...and it's still
there!
Would anyone know what's putting it there and how I can be rid of it once
and for all?
2 answers Last reply
More about residual directory

    Yup, I have them too. The dates indicatge they were both created the day I
    installed XP. (Both are empty and they can't be removed.)

    "ron d" <rond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a directory (C:\program files\xerox\mwwia) which will not delete.
    > It has survived multiple HD formats and new WinXP installs...and it's
    > still
    > there!
    > Would anyone know what's putting it there and how I can be rid of it once
    > and for all?

    They are normal. They are created by System File Protection. Some computers will have files there (which is why System File Protection monitors it). It's to do with Network scanners.

    "ron d" <rond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6C8C33CA-9000-472B-81C8-D78D16023DA0@microsoft.com...
    >I have a directory (C:\program files\xerox\mwwia) which will not delete.
    > It has survived multiple HD formats and new WinXP installs...and it's still
    > there!
    > Would anyone know what's putting it there and how I can be rid of it once
    > and for all?

Support Microsoft Windows XP