residual directory

March 26, 2005 10:05:06 PM

I have a directory (C:\program files\xerox\mwwia) which will not delete.
It has survived multiple HD formats and new WinXP installs...and it's still
there!
Would anyone know what's putting it there and how I can be rid of it once
and for all?

More about : residual directory

March 26, 2005 10:13:59 PM

Yup, I have them too. The dates indicatge they were both created the day I
installed XP. (Both are empty and they can't be removed.)

"ron d" <rond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a directory (C:\program files\xerox\mwwia) which will not delete.
> It has survived multiple HD formats and new WinXP installs...and it's
> still
> there!
> Would anyone know what's putting it there and how I can be rid of it once
> and for all?

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 12:52:29 AM

They are normal. They are created by System File Protection. Some computers will have files there (which is why System File Protection monitors it). It's to do with Network scanners.

!