Drives D and E not working

March 27, 2005 2:59:01 AM

When I load a cd in the CDROM (drive d:)  it says insert cd in drive D: when
there is already a cd in there. When I try to open it or explore ...the same
insert disk into drive D shows up. When I load a cd or dvd into my DVD RW
drive (drive E:)  I open it and the screen is empty. It will not read on
either drive (it will play audio cds on drive d though). I'm figuring the
problems is on boot up.....when my computer boots up it goes directly to
windows without reading the cdrom or dvd drives (or memory orkeyboard or
mouse (the mouse and keyboard work fine)) What is the problem?......when I go
into device manager it shows both(CDROM and DVDRW) are working properly.

More about : drives working

March 27, 2005 2:07:50 PM

Hi ... Have a view at this site and look at section 8 " Problem "

http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

!