Hi
I have the BT Yahoo browser installed on my pc, which is running XP, I have
been experiencing problems with it locking up and chashing when I am on the
internet for several months. I have installed SP2, my connection tothe net is
on a 2 meg broadband connection and is via a router. This problem only seems
to happen on my desktop and not when I am using my laptop, so I am assuming
there is a problem with the desktop pc..

I have looked at various help pages on the yahoo site and I have found that
I have an event ID 4226 in my event log, this regard TCPIP connection. I am
not a guru, but have some idea. Is there anyone out there that can solve this
connection problem for me.??

Q299357 - How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP-IP) in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q299357

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"kgtt" <kgtt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CECD3AB5-1CE7-4690-B17F-DAE57DF19D8E@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> I have the BT Yahoo browser installed on my pc, which is running XP, I have
> been experiencing problems with it locking up and chashing when I am on the
> internet for several months. I have installed SP2, my connection tothe net is
> on a 2 meg broadband connection and is via a router. This problem only seems
> to happen on my desktop and not when I am using my laptop, so I am assuming
> there is a problem with the desktop pc..
>
> I have looked at various help pages on the yahoo site and I have found that
> I have an event ID 4226 in my event log, this regard TCPIP connection. I am
> not a guru, but have some idea. Is there anyone out there that can solve this
> connection problem for me.??

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

What are you doing when you get that error. Do you have a lot of
filesharing programs (IE: Kazaa, sharebear, edonkey?)
That error is related to you maxing out the amount of connections in/out
of your computer.
Dave
On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 04:03:02 -0800, =?Utf-8?B?a2d0dA==?=