Could This Be Windows 7 Retail Packaging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I wish I got the pretty boxes with my copies of microsoft products. I know a guy who still shows off his Windows Vista Ultimate box. Lol. I also avoid him like the plauge.

G

I believe the final box art for Ultimate will be Steve Jobs receiving a roundhouse kick to the bawlz. MS is in talks for a contract with Chuck Norris.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
It's a case! also it looks a ton better then my duct taped toghter to hold it toghter xp cardboard case i see when i look left of my computer.

teeth_03

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2008
[citation][nom]andetfhddbg[/nom]I believe the final box art for Ultimate will be Steve Jobs receiving a roundhouse kick to the bawlz. MS is in talks for a contract with Chuck Norris.[/citation]

I was actually thinking about a Looney Tunes style picture of Linus Torvalds dropping a big bag of money,smashing Bill Gates on the head...

G

Looks right, because it follows the proper colour scheme and these are the same cases MS is using for other boxed products like Expression Web II.

G

Also, box labels get stickered on, they are not built into the case.

rjkucia

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2008
Have they announced that Windows 7 is the official name? I would like that, it's straight and simple, and that way it can't be confused with Vista.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
[citation][nom]IronRyan21[/nom]Are they really gonna call it windows 7? I thought it was just a code name, like longhorn = Vista.[/citation]

[citation][nom]rjkucia[/nom]Have they announced that Windows 7 is the official name? I would like that, it's straight and simple, and that way it can't be confused with Vista.[/citation]

Errr.... you are both being ironic right ?

Microsoft announced that Windows codenamed "7" would actually be called Windows 7 on the 13th of October of last year. It will be.. 7 months tomorrow.

Check it out: http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2008/10/13/introducing-windows-7.aspx

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
The version names of Win7 home are stupid. They could make things easier for tech support and in chat rooms if they seperate the two homes:

Starter = Starter (Limit market version)
Home Basic = Basic (Less eye candy and bloat for NetPCs)
Home Premium = Home
Business = Professional AKA PRO (MS already did that)
Ultimate = Ultimate

BASIC and HOME - they don't need two words each.

It's VERY VERY simple Microsoft, do it now and save some headache.

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
i hate these damn boxes. Granted, the oversized XP "folders" were ridiculous too, but these fat mostly-empty red-pull-tab things blow. and not in a good way.

acecombat

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]rags_20[/nom]I'd expect all of them to be blue like XP. Windows 7's color is blue. But there was none for Vista.[/citation]
Obviously you failed to notice the Green (Home), Blue (Business) and Black (Ultimate) that Vista came in then?

Status
Not open for further replies.