Help 1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

March 27, 2005 2:52:21 PM

Hi, I just bought a Plextor DVD/CD RW (PX-716A) i installed it, and
now im trying to install "Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD eddition"
(Labled on the Plextor Software disc). When i try it gives me the
"1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime." Error. I
checked out this website:
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108340 and there was
plenty of steps i couldnt do;

Step B: Telling me to Right Click on the "Installer" folder and go
to properties and click on the "security Tab" I do not see a
Security Tab, Just see Tabs; General, Sharing, and the Customize tab.

Step 4: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108158 Download
Download IsScript8.zip and Double-click the IsScript8.msi file. This
installs the IsScript engine, which should fix the issue. - When i
"Double-click" the "IsScript8.msi" file, a window opens, telling
me to choose what program to open the file with.

Step 2: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108379 In the
Computer Management dialog, click on System Tools > Local Users and
Groups > Users. Right-click on your user name and select Properties.
In the properties dialog, select the Member Of tab and make sure it
states "Administrator". - I do not have "Local Users and Groups"
Under "System Tools". Meaning i cannot access the "user’s" folder.

-BTW There is only 1 account on my computer, and thats mine. and im
set under Computer Administrator. I am Using Windows XP Home Eddition,
2.6 Ghz, Pentium 4 Processor.

Any help appriciated

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-1607-Unable...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1102298

More about : 1607 unable install installshield scripting runtime

Anonymous
March 28, 2005 10:39:54 AM

Enter Safe Mode, and use the "Administrator" account available there to see the Security Tab

Run the .msi installer file as that admin. (rightclick the file, and click "Install")

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"Regulator10" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I just bought a Plextor DVD/CD RW (PX-716A) i installed it, and
> now im trying to install "Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD eddition"
> (Labled on the Plextor Software disc). When i try it gives me the
> "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime." Error. I
> checked out this website:
> http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108340 and there was
> plenty of steps i couldnt do;
>
> Step B: Telling me to Right Click on the "Installer" folder and go
> to properties and click on the "security Tab" I do not see a
> Security Tab, Just see Tabs; General, Sharing, and the Customize tab.
>
> Step 4: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108158 Download
> Download IsScript8.zip and Double-click the IsScript8.msi file. This
> installs the IsScript engine, which should fix the issue. - When i
> "Double-click" the "IsScript8.msi" file, a window opens, telling
> me to choose what program to open the file with.
>
> Step 2: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108379 In the
> Computer Management dialog, click on System Tools > Local Users and
> Groups > Users. Right-click on your user name and select Properties.
> In the properties dialog, select the Member Of tab and make sure it
> states "Administrator". - I do not have "Local Users and Groups"
> Under "System Tools". Meaning i cannot access the "user's" folder.
>
> -BTW There is only 1 account on my computer, and thats mine. and im
> set under Computer Administrator. I am Using Windows XP Home Eddition,
> 2.6 Ghz, Pentium 4 Processor.
>
> Any help appriciated

> Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-1607-Unable...
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1102298
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 3:31:56 PM

Some help I hope, see comments:-

"Regulator10" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I just bought a Plextor DVD/CD RW (PX-716A) i installed it, and
> now im trying to install "Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD eddition"
> (Labled on the Plextor Software disc). When i try it gives me the
> "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime." Error. I
> checked out this website:
> http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108340 and there was
> plenty of steps i couldnt do;
>
> Step B: Telling me to Right Click on the "Installer" folder and go
> to properties and click on the "security Tab" I do not see a
> Security Tab, Just see Tabs; General, Sharing, and the Customize tab.

You have to be in safemode to see that running Windows XP Home.

> Step 4: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108158 Download
> Download IsScript8.zip and Double-click the IsScript8.msi file. This
> installs the IsScript engine, which should fix the issue. - When i
> "Double-click" the "IsScript8.msi" file, a window opens, telling
> me to choose what program to open the file with.

MSI File Association Fix (Restore default associations for MSI files)

> Step 2: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108379 In the
> Computer Management dialog, click on System Tools > Local Users and
> Groups > Users. Right-click on your user name and select Properties.
> In the properties dialog, select the Member Of tab and make sure it
> states "Administrator". - I do not have "Local Users and Groups"
> Under "System Tools". Meaning i cannot access the "user's" folder.

I don't have it either and I'm running XP Home - might be for XP Pro.

> -BTW There is only 1 account on my computer, and thats mine. and im
> set under Computer Administrator. I am Using Windows XP Home Eddition,
> 2.6 Ghz, Pentium 4 Processor.
>
> Any help appriciated

other references:
'Error -1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime'
http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=...