Help 1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime

Hi, I just bought a Plextor DVD/CD RW (PX-716A) i installed it, and
now im trying to install "Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD eddition"
(Labled on the Plextor Software disc). When i try it gives me the
"1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime." Error. I
checked out this website:
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108340 and there was
plenty of steps i couldnt do;

Step B: Telling me to Right Click on the "Installer" folder and go
to properties and click on the "security Tab" I do not see a
Security Tab, Just see Tabs; General, Sharing, and the Customize tab.

Step 4: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108158 Download
Download IsScript8.zip and Double-click the IsScript8.msi file. This
installs the IsScript engine, which should fix the issue. - When i
"Double-click" the "IsScript8.msi" file, a window opens, telling
me to choose what program to open the file with.

Step 2: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108379 In the
Computer Management dialog, click on System Tools > Local Users and
Groups > Users. Right-click on your user name and select Properties.
In the properties dialog, select the Member Of tab and make sure it
states "Administrator". - I do not have "Local Users and Groups"
Under "System Tools". Meaning i cannot access the "user’s" folder.

-BTW There is only 1 account on my computer, and thats mine. and im
set under Computer Administrator. I am Using Windows XP Home Eddition,
2.6 Ghz, Pentium 4 Processor.

Any help appriciated

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-1607-Unable-install-InstallShield-Scripting-Runtime-ftopict349881.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1102298
2 answers Last reply
More about help 1607 unable install installshield scripting runtime

    Enter Safe Mode, and use the "Administrator" account available there to see the Security Tab

    Run the .msi installer file as that admin. (rightclick the file, and click "Install")

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "Regulator10" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I just bought a Plextor DVD/CD RW (PX-716A) i installed it, and
    > now im trying to install "Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD eddition"
    > (Labled on the Plextor Software disc). When i try it gives me the
    > "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime." Error. I
    > checked out this website:
    > http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108340 and there was
    > plenty of steps i couldnt do;
    >
    > Step B: Telling me to Right Click on the "Installer" folder and go
    > to properties and click on the "security Tab" I do not see a
    > Security Tab, Just see Tabs; General, Sharing, and the Customize tab.
    >
    > Step 4: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108158 Download
    > Download IsScript8.zip and Double-click the IsScript8.msi file. This
    > installs the IsScript engine, which should fix the issue. - When i
    > "Double-click" the "IsScript8.msi" file, a window opens, telling
    > me to choose what program to open the file with.
    >
    > Step 2: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108379 In the
    > Computer Management dialog, click on System Tools > Local Users and
    > Groups > Users. Right-click on your user name and select Properties.
    > In the properties dialog, select the Member Of tab and make sure it
    > states "Administrator". - I do not have "Local Users and Groups"
    > Under "System Tools". Meaning i cannot access the "user's" folder.
    >
    > -BTW There is only 1 account on my computer, and thats mine. and im
    > set under Computer Administrator. I am Using Windows XP Home Eddition,
    > 2.6 Ghz, Pentium 4 Processor.
    >
    > Any help appriciated

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-1607-Unable-install-InstallShield-Scripting-Runtime-ftopict349881.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1102298

    Some help I hope, see comments:-

    "Regulator10" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, I just bought a Plextor DVD/CD RW (PX-716A) i installed it, and
    > now im trying to install "Easy Media Creator 7 Basic DVD eddition"
    > (Labled on the Plextor Software disc). When i try it gives me the
    > "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime." Error. I
    > checked out this website:
    > http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108340 and there was
    > plenty of steps i couldnt do;
    >
    > Step B: Telling me to Right Click on the "Installer" folder and go
    > to properties and click on the "security Tab" I do not see a
    > Security Tab, Just see Tabs; General, Sharing, and the Customize tab.

    You have to be in safemode to see that running Windows XP Home.

    > Step 4: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108158 Download
    > Download IsScript8.zip and Double-click the IsScript8.msi file. This
    > installs the IsScript engine, which should fix the issue. - When i
    > "Double-click" the "IsScript8.msi" file, a window opens, telling
    > me to choose what program to open the file with.

    MSI File Association Fix (Restore default associations for MSI files)

    > Step 2: http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108379 In the
    > Computer Management dialog, click on System Tools > Local Users and
    > Groups > Users. Right-click on your user name and select Properties.
    > In the properties dialog, select the Member Of tab and make sure it
    > states "Administrator". - I do not have "Local Users and Groups"
    > Under "System Tools". Meaning i cannot access the "user's" folder.

    I don't have it either and I'm running XP Home - might be for XP Pro.

    > -BTW There is only 1 account on my computer, and thats mine. and im
    > set under Computer Administrator. I am Using Windows XP Home Eddition,
    > 2.6 Ghz, Pentium 4 Processor.
    >
    > Any help appriciated

    other references:
    'Error -1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime'
    http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q107094
    http://support.installshield.com/kb/view.asp?articleid=Q107070

    > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-1607-Unable-install-InstallShield-Scripting-Runtime-ftopict349881.html